

Protokoll der Mitgliederversammlung vom 2. Januar 2025

Protokollführer: Colin Finck



ReactOS Deutschland e.V.

Am Bach 11
33378 Rheda-Wiedenbrück
deutschland@reactos.org

Am 2. Januar 2025 um 20:00 deutscher Zeit fand im Internet (TLS-gesicherter IRC-Server) die Mitgliederversammlung des Vereins „ReactOS Deutschland e.V.“ statt.

Anwesende Mitglieder

- Matthias Kupfer (Vorsitzender des Vereins)
- Daniel Reimer (stellvertretender Vorsitzender des Vereins)
- Colin Finck (Kassenwart)
- Hermès Bélusca-Maïto
- Mark Jansen
- Amine Khaldi
- Timo Kreuzer (ab 20:25)

Zusammenfassung der gefassten Beschlüsse

- Der Vorstand wurde mit 3 Ja-Stimmen, 0 Nein-Stimmen und 0 Enthaltungen entlastet. Vorstandsmitglieder waren selbst von der Abstimmung ausgeschlossen.
- ReactOS Deutschland e.V. nimmt definitiv an den Chemnitzer Linux-Tagen 2025 teil, da bereits mindestens 4 Personen als Standbetreuer zugesagt haben. Sehr wahrscheinlich wird auch ein großer Raum gemietet, um direkt im Anschluss ein Hackfest in Chemnitz zu veranstalten. Colin Finck steht für Anfragen zu Reisekostenübernahmen zur Verfügung.
- Die 12 Jahre alte selbstgehostete Build-Hardware wird außer Betrieb genommen und in Zusammenarbeit mit Justin Miller durch einen gemieteten Hetzner AX42-Server ersetzt.

Die originalen Wortlaute aller Versammlungsteilnehmer sind im beiliegenden IRC-Log nachzulesen.

Rheda-Wiedenbrück, 2. Januar 2025

Für die Richtigkeit des Protokolls

(gez. Colin Finck)
(Protokollführer)

(gez. Matthias Kupfer)
(Vorstandsvorsitzender)

Anlagen

- Automatisch erstelltes IRC-Log der Mitgliederversammlung
- Geschäftsbericht 2023

Automatically created IRC Log of the General Assembly

Notice: The time is given in UTC. For getting the German time on that day, add one hour.

```
[08:28] LogBot has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[08:28] VoteBot has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[08:38] Colin_Finck has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[11:42] Hermes_Belusca_Maito has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[18:01] Daniel_Reimer has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[18:32] Matthias_Kupfer has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[18:35] <Daniel_Reimer> that Timezone stuff bis making me crazy. when is the start?
[18:35] <Matthias_Kupfer> CET is the current official time in Germany
[18:37] Mark_Jansen has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[18:42] <Daniel_Reimer> Backin in about 5 min
[18:45] <Matthias_Kupfer> Hello, now we can start our general assembly for 2024
[18:46] <Matthias_Kupfer> The grace period starts right now. So I will use the time for some greetings.
[18:46] Amine_Khalidi has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[18:47] <Matthias_Kupfer> I wish you a happy new year and all the best for 2025, stay healthy and good luck for all activities this year
[18:48] <Matthias_Kupfer> As long as there are not all members here yet - we wait until 20:00 CET
[18:50] <Matthias_Kupfer> In the meantime there is a good opportunity to read the annual report of not done already
[18:50] Timo_Kreuzer has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[18:51] <Timo_Kreuzer> test
[18:51] <Daniel_Reimer> and back
[18:54] Timo_Kreuzer has quit the server (Ping timeout: 60 seconds)
[18:59] Mark_Jansen has quit the server (Quit)
[19:00] <Matthias_Kupfer> Now we can start officially our annual meeting
[19:00] Mark_Jansen has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[19:00] <Matthias_Kupfer> unfortunately we just lost 2 participants in the last 6 minutes
[19:00] <Matthias_Kupfer> Mark_Jansen: wb
[19:00] <Mark_Jansen> Sorry, changing to a dark mode
[19:01] <Matthias_Kupfer> Do we want to wait for Timo?
[19:01] <Daniel_Reimer> I ask what up, sec
[19:02] <Daniel_Reimer> Looks like he thought something is wrong because no one replied to his test
[19:02] <Matthias_Kupfer> Okay, so i hope he will be back soon
[19:03] <Daniel_Reimer> He is offline in MM too, so I suggest we start?
[19:03] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay, so Colin prepared the annual report for 2023, thanks for that, Colin
[19:04] <Matthias_Kupfer> As long as the structure and content is almost the same every year, are there any questions regarding the annual report?
[19:04] <Mark_Jansen> Not from me
[19:05] <Colin_Finck> Amine_Khalidi maybe?
[19:05] <Daniel_Reimer> Neither from me
[19:05] <Amine_Khalidi> Nope
[19:06] <Matthias_Kupfer> Okay, so there seem no questions so far, so we can proceed with the first vote (2nd TOP)
[19:06] <Colin_Finck> alright
[19:06] <Colin_Finck> I'll set up the voting
[19:07] <Matthias_Kupfer> discharging the responsibilities of the board members for the year 2023
[19:07] <VoteBot> Colin_Finck has set up a vote and I'm asking all participating members in private messages now.
[19:07] <VoteBot> Excluded from voting:
[19:07] <VoteBot> Colin_Finck
[19:07] <VoteBot> Daniel_Reimer
[19:07] <VoteBot> Matthias_Kupfer
[19:08] <VoteBot> The vote is over. Here are the results!
[19:08] <VoteBot> Question: Do you agree with discharging the responsibilities of the Board? (in German: "Sprechen Sie dem Vorstand Entlastung aus?")
[19:08] <VoteBot> Answers:
[19:08] <VoteBot> Abstention - 0 votes
[19:08] <VoteBot> Yes (in German: Ja) - 3 votes
[19:08] <VoteBot> No (in German: Nein) - 0 votes
[19:08] <VoteBot> Total number of votes: 3
[19:09] <Matthias_Kupfer> Thank you!
[19:09] <Matthias_Kupfer> Now we can move on to TOP 3
[19:09] <Matthias_Kupfer> future projects and activities
[19:10] <Matthias_Kupfer> The board members have held a conference call according to upcoming events and meetings
[19:11] <Matthias_Kupfer> One of the main event (after an unintended break in 2024) is taking part the CLT again
[19:11] <Daniel_Reimer> CLT 2025 is quite some text. I had the idea after last year and all the problems to combine it with a hackfest. I was told about a few problems we might have by doing so, like the Kulturhauptstadt Chmenitz problem etc. But in the end it seems like this will be what will happen in March in Chmnitz.
[19:12] <Matthias_Kupfer> Due tue the fact that Chemnitz is culture capital of europe this year, we agreed to avoid any more complex meetings and activities due to increased hotel prices and
[19:12] <Daniel_Reimer> Some people rather close by are included and many more who come from almost everywhere. As soon as we are accepted we need to talk about who needs which support I guess.
[19:12] <Matthias_Kupfer> limited availabilities
[19:13] <Matthias_Kupfer> So, we will participate with a booth and everyone can join, but further activities will be postponed to another date and/or place
[19:14] <Matthias_Kupfer> If you want to join us in Chemnitz this year, please drop a note to daniel
[19:14] <Colin_Finck> Matthias_Kupfer: I'm honestly not sure if this is the very latest state. I saw that there was some discussions on Mattermost after our conference call
[19:15] <Matthias_Kupfer> Colin_Finck: okay, can you please give a short update
[19:15] <Colin_Finck> Daniel_Reimer probably can
[19:16] <Daniel_Reimer> As I said in our call. We have many ppl who attend to both or nothing. That's the problem. I try to keep things separated, buzt it a Hackfest is what we need to get enough ppl, so be it. If I dont find any location to sleep and do some hacking, things become complacated again and thus I still dont say anything 100% before I foudn something
[19:16] <Colin_Finck> ah, so the accomodation/airbnb is the problem?
[19:16] <Daniel_Reimer> CLT will happen, that for sure
[19:16] <Mark_Jansen> The reason for me to join was mainly the hackfest + seeing people from overseas that I would probably not meet otherwise.
[19:17] <Daniel_Reimer> @Colin not a real problem. My problem is more that I never booked something bigger than a single room. So if someone wahts to help me, feel free to join
[19:19] <Colin_Finck> Daniel_Reimer: I can probably help you with that, but the contact person booking it should be someone actually attending CLT. I already know that I can't make it to CLT myself in March.
[19:19] <Matthias_Kupfer> If you find properet accomodation you can join us, I jsut want to point out the difficulties especially this year
[19:19] <Colin_Finck> Daniel_Reimer: You can also ask Timo. He already booked something for 2023's Hackfest and got reimbursed from ReactOS Deutschland e.V. afterwards
[19:20] <Daniel_Reimer> @colin as long as someone prevents me doing mistakes here, I am all open for being the contact. I was already looking around and already decided that I will go on someone's nerves (Timo for example as he already did that tadk once, or you) atarting tomorrow
[19:21] <Colin_Finck> ok
[19:22] <Matthias_Kupfer> We can add further booth attendees later
```

[19:23] <Matthias_Kupfer> Are there any further upcoming events?

[19:23] <Colin_Finck> Daniel_Reimer: I see the people in the CLT spreadsheet that have signed up for CLT and the Hackfest. How many of them are actually down for CLT despite the language barrier?

[19:23] <Colin_Finck> (I'm reading 4 YES and 1 Probably for CLT, but only you actually being a native German speaker)

[19:24] <Daniel_Reimer> In theory all showed interest. But this is something I will handle. + the mail to CLT asking if we can add more ppl to the saturday aftershow party etcetc

[19:24] <Colin_Finck> ok

[19:25] <Daniel_Reimer> This won't be the big problem. Not the first time this happens. English worked fine in the past

[19:25] Timo_Kreuzer has joined #generalassembly with voice status

[19:25] <Colin_Finck> so I take it:

[19:25] <Colin_Finck> - CLT 2025 with a ReactOS stand is definitely going to happen

[19:25] <Colin_Finck> - We'll probably rent a big room for a few days to have a Hackfest in Chemnitz too around that time

[19:25] <Colin_Finck> - At least 4 people as our stand support staff

[19:25] <Colin_Finck> correct?

[19:25] <Daniel_Reimer> 100% correct, sec, I will copy the log and pass it to Timo

[19:26] <Matthias_Kupfer> I will be available as backup person during the event

[19:26] <Colin_Finck> perfect

[19:27] <Timo_Kreuzer> Thanks, I am on the train now, no idea whether I will be able to stay connected.

[19:27] <Matthias_Kupfer> Are there any further upcoming events we want to attend?

[19:27] <Colin_Finck> Regarding additional events: Our other regular attendance at FOSDEM is sadly held back by them moving the deadlines further into November and us moving this annual meeting further into December/January

[19:27] <Daniel_Reimer> Not from my side and I did not hear of any, too

[19:28] <Colin_Finck> we missed the deadline last time, we also missed it this time

[19:28] <Colin_Finck> plus I'm no longer close to Brussels to attend FOSDEM myself and help with organization of our ReactOS stand

[19:29] <Colin_Finck> In my opinion, FOSDEM is an important event to attend *if we have something new to show to the world*

[19:29] <Colin_Finck> we don't necessarily need to be there every year just to show people that we still exist

[19:29] <Matthias_Kupfer> As long as we can support regarding travel expenses, maybe we can find anyone who represents ReactOS there

[19:30] <Colin_Finck> And if we have something important to show, we should also think about giving a talk (that basically goes for every event)

[19:30] <Colin_Finck> As stand support staff, I only looked at the stands for years, but as a FOSDEM visitor, I have always attended as many talks as possible

[19:30] <Colin_Finck> This likely goes for most of the visitors there

[19:31] <Hermes_Belusca_Maito> > *if we have something new to show to the world*

[19:31] <Hermes_Belusca_Maito> i tend to agree, and if so, maybe next year we will actually have something new to show.

[19:32] <Matthias_Kupfer> Okay, any more suggestions for activities for 2025?

[19:32] <Hermes_Belusca_Maito> But being at FOSDEM to show we exist, then maybe once every 2 years?

[19:32] <Colin_Finck> sounds good :)

[19:33] <Daniel_Reimer> In virtual we have sometimes interesting YT streams from Justin. Physical... I fear not

[19:33] <Colin_Finck> who would take over responsibility for looking for stand support staff and the FOSDEM Call for Stands deadline?

[19:34] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay to sumpup, Daniel_Reimer please register the booth at CLT in time and we will see who eventually attends

[19:35] <Timo_Kreuzer> Carl asked, whether his ticket to CLT could be paid for by e.v., he said its probably like 99\$

[19:35] <Matthias_Kupfer> Colin_Finck: let's phone together in the middle of the year

[19:35] <Timo_Kreuzer> 900

[19:35] <Timo_Kreuzer> sorry

[19:35] <Colin_Finck> Matthias_Kupfer: alright

[19:36] <Matthias_Kupfer> Timo_Kreuzer: I think that should be possible, any opinions from other board members?

[19:37] <Colin_Finck> Timo_Kreuzer: We definitely have the funds for that. If there are no objections, we can do it. He should just contact me and we book it together, so e.v. has a proper invoice

[19:37] <Timo_Kreuzer> OK, Ill let him know.

[19:37] <Colin_Finck> (I'm best available by e-mail these days, colin@reactos.org)

[19:38] <Matthias_Kupfer> Colin_Finck: are there any inquiries regarding paid development pending?

[19:38] <Colin_Finck> Matthias_Kupfer: no

[19:39] <Colin_Finck> the setup proposal finished in December 2023. That was the last paid development activity that we financed.

[19:40] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay, so we should address a new topic for paid development, Timo_Kreuzer: just one question, is paid development an option for you for the x64 port?

[19:41] <Timo_Kreuzer> Honestly, Id rather see paid development be something like tests / bugfixes, not fun projects

[19:42] <Timo_Kreuzer> That can surely be done for x64 as well.

[19:42] <Matthias_Kupfer> I personally think there is a major change for Windows from 2025 on (due to the license and forced accounts and forced cloud usage aso)

[19:43] <Matthias_Kupfer> Timo_Kreuzer: okay, I think x64 is a more important topic to stay at least relevant

[19:43] <Matthias_Kupfer> Any further ideas for (paid) development?

[19:44] <Timo_Kreuzer> Testman improvements

[19:45] <Colin_Finck> I'm all for financing everything that you guys find relevant. The crucial point is always finding someone who is experienced enough for the task.

[19:45] <Matthias_Kupfer> Timo_Kreuzer: Okay, is that something for you personal?

[19:45] Timo_Kreuzer has quit the server (Ping timeout: 60 seconds)

[19:46] <Mark_Jansen> unfortunate timing

[19:46] <Colin_Finck> When the 1st Stage GUI Setup proposal came in 2023, it was perfectly prepared, by someone we know for years, and it was basically a no-brainer to accept :)

[19:46] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay, I don't take the too serious as a statement

[19:46] <Colin_Finck> we need that, but it's obviously hard

[19:46] <Colin_Finck> Matthias_Kupfer: knowing Timo a bit, he's not a PHP developer, so I guess he rather wants to see someone working on Testman improvements, but not do that himself

[19:47] <Hermes_Belusca_Maito> The GUI setup development is continued progressively in master or branches thereof, and via PRs.

[19:47] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay, but I prefer to have Timo for the x64 development

[19:47] <Hermes_Belusca_Maito> Regarding testman & all that, what's the status of that webpage that summarizes the status of all the services (testman etc.), or something similar ?

[19:48] <Hermes_Belusca_Maito> (I vaguely remember there was something along the lines being done at some point, or am I imagining things?)

[19:49] <Colin_Finck> Hermes_Belusca_Maito: Someone worked on that a few years ago as part of GSoC. However:

[19:49] <Colin_Finck> 1) That person left shortly after GSoC

[19:49] <Colin_Finck> 2) It was all written in some other platform that none of our existing web services use. Hence, it was always externally hosted at Heroku. Which no longer exists

[19:49] <Colin_Finck> The code should be in our repos, but someone would need to revive it and host it somewhere

[19:50] Timo_Kreuzer has joined #generalassembly with voice status

[19:51] <Matthias_Kupfer> I would like to suggest two meetings per year to keep track of such things, so we can take care of FOSDEM registration

[19:51] <Hermes_Belusca_Maito> ok, I wonder whether this could be part of paid development, if we find someone who can do the translation to something we use.

[19:51] <Timo_Kreuzer> sorry, my internet is unstable

[19:51] <Matthias_Kupfer> one meeting each 6 months (approx)

[19:51] <Matthias_Kupfer> Timo_Kreuzer: np

[19:52] <Matthias_Kupfer> what do you think?

[19:52] <Matthias_Kupfer> (In that case it's not a big deal if we miss one meeting)

[19:53] <Colin_Finck> Matthias_Kupfer: Not sure we need another formal one like this. The rest of the project already meets monthly as far as I'm aware of, so topics like FOSDEM could just be added to its agenda, couldn't they?

[19:53] <Hermes_Belusca_Maito> Matthias, we have again per-month Zoom meetings (thanks to Carl Bialorucki who decided to revive them); sometimes we talk about these kinds of things (the events)

[19:54] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay, my fault, I reject my idea

[19:54] <Hermes_Belusca_Maito> (They are announced in the mattermost #Meeting channel)

[19:55] <Matthias_Kupfer> If there are no further ideas to discuss here we can move on to the last topic (address update)

[19:55] <Colin_Finck> Matthias_Kupfer: Timo_Kreuzer actually asked by e-mail to add his topic to the agenda: Moving our build infra to the cloud

and reserving funds for that

[19:56] <Colin_Finck> The good thing is that this is pretty much decided, but let me sum it up for the record:

[19:56] <Colin_Finck> I'm fine with doing that, Aleksey is fine with doing that, and Justin volunteers to take care of the administration in the long run.

[19:57] <Colin_Finck> We had the unique opportunity to host our build infrastructure at Aleksey's site for the past years, and in Sweden before that.

[19:57] <Hermes_Belusca_Maito> Do we have news from Pierre, who was co-doing the admin with you?

[19:57] <Matthias_Kupfer> I'm in favour for that (if we have a rough value of the funds needed)

[19:58] <Colin_Finck> The 12-year old hardware is now having its quirks after 24/7 use for that long period, and we're having a hard time repairing that

[19:58] <Colin_Finck> but the environment has also changed: There are finally affordable options to rent build machines

[19:59] <Timo_Kreuzer> I think it might save us money by using AWS spot instances, which we only pay per use. If we ended up running like all the time, it would exceed hetzner by 50%, but its more likely IMO we stay way below. Therefore my suggestion would be to fund that for some months, so we can see how it goes in reality.

[19:59] <Colin_Finck> so even though we're probably a unique prime example for hosting a build infrastructure with minimal costs and minimal efforts for over a decade, it's now time to move on and put our infra on less fragile feet

[19:59] <Colin_Finck> answering questions now:

[20:00] <Colin_Finck> Hermes_Belusca_Maito: Pierre basically left the project a few years ago from what I can tell

[20:01] <Hermes_Belusca_Maito> That's what I've seen by his "sudden" disappearance from the chats etc. but I don't know whether he left any announcement, that's why

[20:01] <Colin_Finck> Matthias_Kupfer: A suitable server from Hetzner (AX42) is 46 EUR/month: <https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/matrix-ax/>

[20:01] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay, we can afford that

[20:01] <Colin_Finck> Timo_Kreuzer says that AWS would be cheaper. I doubt that, but let's say that 50 EUR/month is a good limit for us then.

[20:01] <Colin_Finck> We currently pay roughly ~200 EUR/month for everything we host at Hetzner

[20:02] <Matthias_Kupfer> we will need to keep something for website and similar things

[20:02] <Hermes_Belusca_Maito> Are the numbers that Justin may have estimated around these values as well?

[20:02] <Colin_Finck> (mostly VMs and not entire dedicated servers - but it's likely worth it to go with dedicated servers for build machines)

[20:03] <Timo_Kreuzer> we would need 2 for build (lin/win) and one for testing

[20:03] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay, I just wanted to point out that we cannot move in general, we will keep some 24/7 services

[20:03] <Hermes_Belusca_Maito> Regarding the infra: Just for me to remember: is it only the build part of the infra we are talking about? Where are the testbots?

[20:04] <Timo_Kreuzer> We are talking both build and test

[20:05] <Colin_Finck> Timo_Kreuzer: I'm all for finding out. However:

[20:05] <Colin_Finck> 1) By renting a dedicated Hetzner server, we could just move over all VMs and builders from the current setup and have a replacement running quickly. Whereas moving to AWS would need someone knowledgable with AWS and changing our BuildBot setup to work with that

[20:05] <Colin_Finck> 2) Has anybody from us experience with AWS? I don't like plugging our e.V. bank account directly to AWS - I have heard too many horror stories of overspending when an instance runs wild and causes costs going to infinity

[20:05] <Colin_Finck> Matthias_Kupfer: We're only talking about the build and test infrastructure hosted at Aleksey's site. We're not talking about moving anything away that's currently on Hetzner (includes website, web services, Mattermost, etc.)

[20:06] <Matthias_Kupfer> I know somebody working at AWS, I suggest to talk with them at CLT, they will be attend as well

[20:06] <Matthias_Kupfer> I don't have any experience with AWS

[20:06] <Timo_Kreuzer> Matthias_Kupfer that sounds good

[20:07] <Timo_Kreuzer> Justin will also be there

[20:07] <Matthias_Kupfer> Daniel_Reimer: please remind me, just in case

[20:07] <Colin_Finck> My experience tells me that adapting our build and test setup to AWS would take a lot of time. And I have no idea how you plan to get things like our ancient Win2003 tester up at AWS. Still open to be proven wrong

[20:08] <Matthias_Kupfer> Okay, can we proceed to the next point of our agenda?

[20:08] <Colin_Finck> Anyway, if you're all fine with spending 50 EUR/month extra to move our build/test infra to something more reliable, we can close this topic and move to the next one. Detailed discussions can continue on Mattermost

[20:08] <Colin_Finck> 50 EUR as an upper limit for either Hetzner or AWS

[20:09] <Matthias_Kupfer> Has anyone moved recently or changed contact data like phone numbers or email addresses?

[20:09] <Colin_Finck> I did :)

[20:09] <Colin_Finck> but I'll update the record myself in the database

[20:09] <Colin_Finck> anybody else?

[20:10] <Timo_Kreuzer> Matthias_Kupfer I am unsure if you have my current address already.

[20:11] <Colin_Finck> Timo_Kreuzer: probably not. Just tell me by e-mail or Mattermost, and I'll update it

[20:11] <Timo_Kreuzer> ok

[20:12] <Matthias_Kupfer> Timo_Kreuzer: can you attend CLT?

[20:12] <Timo_Kreuzer> Matthias_Kupfer I will try. 80% sure.

[20:13] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay, thanks, any more updates?

[20:14] <Daniel_Reimer> Nope. Rest is the same here

[20:14] <Matthias_Kupfer> If not, then I thank you for your time today and hope to meet (at least some of) you in march in Chemnitz

[20:14] <Colin_Finck> Thank you for attending! Have a good start into the year

[20:14] <Colin_Finck> I'm shutting down the server now

[20:15] <Matthias_Kupfer> I wish you a good time, please keep in mind the next meeting is this year (most likely at the end)



ReactOS Deutschland e.V.

Am Bach 11
33378 Rheda-Wiedenbrück
deutschland@reactos.org

Geschäftsbericht 2023

Der Geschäftsbericht dient nach der Satzung des Vereins ReactOS Deutschland e.V. primär dazu, den Mitgliedern einen Überblick über die Arbeit des Vereins im Jahre 2023 zu geben. Der Geschäftsbericht gliedert sich in Aktivitäten, Ausblick und Finanzen. Die vorrangige Aufgabe des Vereins besteht in der Förderung des ReactOS-Projekts. Die Hauptaufgaben bestanden 2023 in:

- Teilnahme an einschlägigen Messen/Veranstaltungen
- Finanzierung der bezahlten Entwicklung an ReactOS

Aktivitäten

Folgende jährlich wiederkehrende Aktivitäten, die unmittelbar mit dem Vereinsziel einhergehen, werden nicht ausführlich dargelegt. Dies waren insbesondere:

- Weiterarbeit am Betriebssystem ReactOS und zugehöriger Komponenten (z.B. RosBE), selbstverständlich auch durch Nicht-Vereinsmitglieder
- Entgegennahme von Spenden und Verwaltung der bisher gesammelten Gelder
- Buchführung und Verwaltung der Mitglieder

Nachdem in den vergangenen knapp drei Jahren physische Veranstaltungen aufgrund der Covid-19 Pandemie nicht stattfanden, bestand für 2023 die Absicht, mit dem ReactOS-Projekt an solchen wieder teilzunehmen und das Projekt einer breiteren Öffentlichkeit zu präsentieren. Leider wurde die Bewerbungsfrist für einen Stand auf der FOSDEM 2023 in Brüssel verpasst. Nichtsdestotrotz wurde diese Konferenz zum Anlass genommen, um ein 7-tägiges „Mini-Hackfest“ in Brüssel zu veranstalten und gemeinsam vor Ort das ReactOS-Betriebssystem weiterzuentwickeln. ReactOS Deutschland e.V. finanzierte die dafür gemietete Unterkunft.

Die Suche nach Standbetreuern für den ReactOS-Auftritt auf den jährlich stattfindenden Chemnitzer Linux-Tagen gestaltete sich ebenfalls sehr schwierig. Im Gegensatz zu den virtuellen Veranstaltungen der vergangenen Jahre konnte die Standbetreuung diesmal nicht von Leuten aus aller Welt übernommen werden, sondern erforderte wieder Anwesenheit vor Ort. Das ReactOS-Projekt war letztendlich im März 2023 auf dieser Konferenz vertreten, jedoch nur in einer Minimalbesetzung.

Nachdem in den vergangenen Jahren die Qualität der abgelieferten Arbeit von Studenten des Google Summer of Code immer weiter abnahm und der Aufwand einer Betreuung am Ende den Nutzen überstieg, entschied sich ReactOS Deutschland e.V., 2023 nicht an

diesem Programm teilzunehmen. Es ist daher 2023 kein Bewerbungsaufwand entstanden, jedoch wurden auch keine Einnahmen durch die Betreuung von Studenten erzielt.

Glücklicherweise erhielt der Verein im August eine vielversprechende Bewerbung eines bekannten Freiberuflers zur Weiterentwicklung der Setup-Komponente von ReactOS. Der Projektvorschlag wurde akzeptiert und so arbeitete der Freiberufler knapp drei Monate bis zum Jahresende an dieser Komponente. Die Kosten dieser Arbeit konnten problemlos aus den Einnahmen und Rücklagen finanziert werden.

Ausblick

Auch für 2024 plant der Verein die Teilnahme an einschlägigen Veranstaltungen rund um das Thema Open-Source. Eine erneute Teilnahme am Google Summer of Code wird ebenfalls nicht ausgeschlossen. Jedoch ist in jedem Fall eine Abwägung vorzunehmen, ob der Aufwand einer Teilnahme in einem vernünftigen Verhältnis zum erwarteten Nutzen steht. Auch muss eine ausreichende Zahl von Projektmitgliedern hinter diesen Vorhaben stehen, damit der Aufwand auf mehrere Schultern verteilt wird.

Finanzen

Einkommen

Spenden	8.610,86 €
Verkauf von Merchandising	72,83 €
Zinsen	29,51 €

Ausgaben

Gezielte Forschungs- und Entwicklungsvorhaben („Entwicklerverträge“)	8.010,00 €
Infrastrukturkosten (Server)	2.359,32 €
Reisekosten	1.730,04 €
Infrastrukturkosten (Domains)	259,33 €

Summen

Summe Einnahmen	8.713,20 €
Summe Ausgaben	12.358,69 €
Rücklagen von 2022	52.030,68 €
Kontostand am 31.12.2023	48.385,19 €

Matthias Kupfer (Vorstandsvorsitzender)
Daniel Reimer (stv. Vorstandsvorsitzender)
Colin Finck (Vorstandsmitglied/Kassenwart)