

Protokoll der Mitgliederversammlung vom 12. Dezember 2019

Protokollführer: Colin Finck



ReactOS Deutschland e.V.

Am Bach 11
33378 Rheda-Wiedenbrück
deutschland@reactos.org

Am 12. Dezember 2019 um 19:00 deutscher Zeit fand im Internet (SSL-gesicherter IRC-Server) die Mitgliederversammlung des Vereins „ReactOS Deutschland e.V.“ statt.

Anwesende Mitglieder

- Matthias Kupfer (Vorsitzender des Vereins)
- Daniel Reimer (stellvertretender Vorsitzender des Vereins)
- Colin Finck (Kassenwart)
- Thomas Faber
- Mark Jansen
- Amine Khaldi
- Timo Kreuzer

Zusammenfassung der gefassten Beschlüsse

- Der Vorstand wurde entlastet.
- Als Vorbereitung auf den Google Summer of Code 2020 soll bereits jetzt eine „Google Summer of Code 2020 Ideas“ Wiki-Seite erstellt werden. Eine solche Aufgabenliste würde auch bei der Suche geeigneter bezahlter Entwickler helfen. Um entsprechende Personen zu finden, wurde auch die Möglichkeit diskutiert, an andere Open-Source-Organisationen heranzutreten, beispielsweise FOSSASIA.
- Die regelmäßigen Meetings mit allen ReactOS-Mitgliedern werden zum 30. Januar 2020 wieder aufgenommen und finden von nun an in einem 2-monatigen Rhythmus statt.

Die originalen Wortlaute aller Versammlungsteilnehmer sind im beiliegenden IRC-Log nachzulesen.

Aachen, 12. Dezember 2019

Für die Richtigkeit des Protokolls

(gez. Colin Finck)
(Protokollführer)

(gez. Matthias Kupfer)
(Vorstandsvorsitzender)

Anlagen

- Automatisch erstelltes IRC-Log der Mitgliederversammlung
- Geschäftsbericht 2018

Automatically created IRC Log of the General Assembly

Notice: The time is given in UTC. For getting the German time on that day, add one hour.

[15:04] LogBot has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[15:04] VoteBot has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[15:05] Colin_Finck has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[15:20] Amine_Khalidi has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[15:34] Thomas_Faber has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[16:24] Thomas_Faber has quit the server (Ping timeout: 60 seconds)
[16:39] Thomas_Faber has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[17:27] Mark_Jansen has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[17:39] Matthias_Kupfer has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[17:42] Daniel_Reimer has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[17:43] <Daniel_Reimer> Evil mIRC... I need a + with the port to have SSL...
[17:44] <Mark_Jansen> ah yes
[17:44] <Mark_Jansen> might I recommend hexchat as a successor to mirc ;)
[17:45] <Daniel_Reimer> Well, it works and still was installed from the ROS' past
[17:45] <Mark_Jansen> heh
[17:46] <Matthias_Kupfer> Hello from my side, now we let the grace period pass and start sharp 1900
[17:48] Timo_Kreuzer has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[17:48] <Daniel_Reimer> Good. Then I can finish... stuff.
[17:48] <Timo_Kreuzer> Sorry, I'm late
[17:49] <Daniel_Reimer> Naaah, 1900 ^^
[17:49] <Mark_Jansen> still well in the grace period
[17:50] <Timo_Kreuzer> great
[17:50] <Colin_Finck> so only Christoph and Pierre missing. I don't expect Christoph to come today, and Pierre already said he may lack time this evening. But as per the invitation, we'll await the grace period and begin at 19:00
[17:52] <Matthias_Kupfer> maybe you can use the time to read the annual report if not already done
[17:55] <Colin_Finck> there is also a German version if you like: https://ev.reactos.org/temp/Gesch%C3%A4ftsbericht_2018.pdf (as demanded by the financial authorities)
[18:00] <Matthias_Kupfer> So, our annual assembly starts now
[18:00] <Matthias_Kupfer> Let me first welcome you
[18:01] <Matthias_Kupfer> Even for 2018 the Annual Report is the same procedure as every year
[18:01] <Matthias_Kupfer> Are there any questions, if not, I would like to add some notes
[18:01] <Daniel_Reimer> None from my side
[18:01] <Thomas_Faber> None here
[18:01] <Amine_Khalidi> none from me
[18:01] <Mark_Jansen> None from me
[18:02] <Matthias_Kupfer> Timo_Kreuzer: questions?
[18:02] <Timo_Kreuzer> none
[18:02] <Matthias_Kupfer> As you may have noticed, the money pile grows and grows
[18:03] <Matthias_Kupfer> that seems to be good for us, but it isn't, the financial authorities announced the possibility of a deep check
[18:04] <Matthias_Kupfer> and we can lose our tax-deductible status
[18:04] <Daniel_Reimer> Yeah, problem is, if there are no ppl we can pay... What else should we do?
[18:04] <Matthias_Kupfer> the board is taking care of that issue in connection with a tax consultant
[18:05] <Matthias_Kupfer> but we should be aware of the fact, that we have to spend money regardless any problems to be back on track
[18:05] <Matthias_Kupfer> the money has to cover ongoing activities, it's not allowed to save that amount of money over years
[18:06] <Matthias_Kupfer> It's my duty to keep you informed of that. The worst case scenario I have in mind is: We hire a developer for some tasks even it's not the ideal one
[18:07] <Matthias_Kupfer> or we order some development "units" from a company
[18:07] <Daniel_Reimer> I thought this is very difficult?
[18:07] <Colin_Finck> An easy formula goes like: We are basically checked every 3 years and in that period, we need to have spent most of the money from the previous 3 years
[18:08] <Matthias_Kupfer> If we really buy something with real invoice aso, it's not that difficult
[18:08] <Daniel_Reimer> Ah, we don't "hire" them, we pay for a dev service? Good one ^^
[18:08] <Colin_Finck> right now, we have big plans to hire developers and award scholarships, but if we don't get them, it publicly looks like we're only piling up money
[18:09] <Matthias_Kupfer> but if we hire people ourself, thats a lot of paperwork and time consuming bureaucracy
[18:09] <Matthias_Kupfer> in connection with that problem I think we may have another one (I'm working on it too):
[18:10] <Matthias_Kupfer> our reason for charity doesn't actually match our activities, so financial authorities might think it's fake overall
[18:11] <Matthias_Kupfer> Therefore we might discuss to change the charity reason to a more valid one. I already have asked an official person at financial authorities and we overcame
[18:12] <Thomas_Faber> Okay, I'll be afk as mentioned. If I'm allowed to do so publicly, I vote to discharge the responsibilities of the board.
[18:12] <Matthias_Kupfer> tha a different point in the law text matches better, for the german speaking members (§52 AO (2) last sentences).
[18:13] <Matthias_Kupfer> can we do this vote right away?
[18:13] <Colin_Finck> Matthias_Kupfer: This sounds a bit too harsh. Main activities sponsored and organized by ReactOS Deutschland e.V. are our presentation of ReactOS at open-source events and the annual ReactOS Hackfest, which matches our "promotion of research and education" activity in the charter
[18:14] <Daniel_Reimer> And the stipendia
[18:15] <Matthias_Kupfer> To be honest, we produce code for the community which is available free of charge, that's the main point of ReactOS and we are supporting that main goal. It's actually not
[18:15] <Colin_Finck> Matthias_Kupfer: Not sure if you remember, but regarding §52 AO (2) last sentences, I had a phone call with the "OFD Münster" in 2010 and they told me it's more likely that we're associated with one of the existing approved charity activities rather than they invent a new one for a foundation like ours
[18:16] <Matthias_Kupfer> our intension to educate people
[18:17] <Matthias_Kupfer> My information is, that we can find an individual agreement and a new one for our foundation is not necessary
[18:18] <Matthias_Kupfer> It's just an idea. It's my duty to inform you. Let me sum up: the actual charity reason doesn't fit the aims perfectly
[18:18] <Daniel_Reimer> Last one from my side to not cause a meeting till tomorrow: Always a problem of how to see things. We educate ppl, but for our goal and with out goal in mind. Of course we don't allow everyone to be supported that way. That is the problem?
[18:18] <Colin_Finck> I am fine if we have a vote about changing the foundation charitable activity if deemed necessary by authorities. But this should be rechecked multiple times before a drastic change like this is done: KDE e.V. and The Document Foundation have similar activities listed in their charter
[18:19] <Matthias_Kupfer> I 'll discuss those things with our tax consultant to make that bullet-proof
[18:19] <Matthias_Kupfer> Colin_Finck: I agree
[18:19] <Matthias_Kupfer> Are there any comments, remarks or questions so far?
[18:20] <Daniel_Reimer> My questions were answered I guess.
[18:21] <Matthias_Kupfer> It's a fact we have to reduce our cash at any price (nice pun) ;-)
[18:21] <Colin_Finck> Matthias_Kupfer: But I have to disappoint you. According to §8.7 of our charter, all active members have to agree to a change of the foundation purpose
[18:21] <Colin_Finck> we lack 2 people today
[18:21] <Colin_Finck> and I doubt any authority would accept this vote if we don't vote on the exact new foundation purpose today
[18:21] <Daniel_Reimer> Well, no change today as I understood, it was only a information
[18:22] <Matthias_Kupfer> I don't want to do this today, I want to make all aware, that such things might be helpfull or necessary in future
[18:22] <Mark_Jansen> We promote at events like fosdem, and we educate both on mattermost as well as on github and sometimes in person on events

like fosdem

[18:22] <Colin_Finck> ah, I thought that was the vote you were referring to on 19:13
[18:22] <Matthias_Kupfer> no, the vote was for discharging, but anyway
[18:23] <Colin_Finck> ok, then let's proceed here. Further questions regarding our status with the tax consultants and the possibly necessary changes to our charter can be clarified on Mattermost after the official part is done
[18:23] <Matthias_Kupfer> So, having said this we can move to the next point
[18:23] <Matthias_Kupfer> 2nd point on the agenda is discharging the board members
[18:24] <Colin_Finck> shall I set up the vote?
[18:25] <Matthias_Kupfer> It's like every year, we ask you to discharge the board for the past
[18:25] <Matthias_Kupfer> Colin_Finck: please start the vote
[18:26] <Matthias_Kupfer> I'm afraid we have to wait 5 minutes for the result, because of Thomas absence
[18:27] <VoteBot> Colin_Finck has set up a vote and I'm asking all participating members in private messages now.
[18:27] <VoteBot> Excluded from voting:
[18:27] <VoteBot> Colin_Finck
[18:27] <VoteBot> Daniel_Reimer
[18:27] <VoteBot> Matthias_Kupfer
[18:31] <Matthias_Kupfer> so, it's almost over
[18:32] <VoteBot> The vote is over. Here are the results!
[18:32] <VoteBot> Question: Do you agree with discharging the responsibilities of the Board? (in German: "Sprechen Sie dem Vorstand Entlastung aus?")
[18:32] <VoteBot> Answers:
[18:32] <VoteBot> Abstention - 1 votes
[18:32] <VoteBot> Yes - 3 votes
[18:32] <VoteBot> No - 0 votes
[18:32] <VoteBot> Total number of votes: 4
[18:32] <Colin_Finck> For the record: Thomas_Faber has publicly voted to discharge the responsibilities of the Board on 19:12, so the "Abstention" vote becomes a "Yes"
[18:32] <Colin_Finck> Which means, final results are:
[18:32] <Colin_Finck> Abstention - 0 votes
[18:32] <Colin_Finck> Yes - 4 votes
[18:32] <Colin_Finck> No - 0 votes
[18:32] <Colin_Finck> Thank you very much!
[18:32] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay, thanks for your trust
[18:33] <Daniel_Reimer> Thanks for the discharge. As always I feel that I did not do much and you all keep the ship on course, but thanks for the support :D
[18:33] <Matthias_Kupfer>
Let's move on to the next point: present and future activities
[18:34] <Matthias_Kupfer> the past activities are always the same like mentioned in the annual report and i think we can continue those things without further discussions
[18:35] <Timo_Kreuzer> What do you refer to specifically?
[18:35] <Matthias_Kupfer> attending events
[18:35] <Matthias_Kupfer> participate google summer of code
[18:35] <Matthias_Kupfer> hackfest aso.
[18:36] <Colin_Finck> with FOSDEM 2020 being just in the pipeline
[18:36] <Matthias_Kupfer> I think we should attend more events and we should be prepared of losing an event, this year it needs my personal force to keep Chemnitz Linux Days
[18:37] <Matthias_Kupfer> because they have a space problem and we don't perfectly fit in
[18:37] <Matthias_Kupfer> I'll do my best in future, but be aware of this.
[18:37] <Timo_Kreuzer> Regarding Hackfest, there were suggestions to doing it in belarus instead of Berlin. I would support that. Would that be an option?
[18:38] <Matthias_Kupfer> So, the registration is open, Daniel_Reimer please don't forget to register
[18:38] <Daniel_Reimer> Would be my first trip in that direction, but I have no objections, just can't promise to participate. Job is... FUN
[18:38] <Daniel_Reimer> OK, will be done.
[18:38] <Matthias_Kupfer> Timo_Kreuzer: what's about visa issues?
[18:38] <Colin_Finck> Timo_Kreuzer: Belarus was the first idea, St. Petersburg was the second one now that they also eased visa regulations for 30 days. We'll have to check where we have more people to organize things locally
[18:39] <Matthias_Kupfer> belarus is politically the most problematic region in europe, just my idea
[18:39] <Timo_Kreuzer> We could rent an AirBNB and be done. It's pretty cheap over there.
[18:39] <Timo_Kreuzer> Belarus is visa free for both EU and Russia
[18:40] <Colin_Finck> however only via Minsk airport. Better be aware of that now
[18:40] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay, I'm a little bit worried, but don't make it depend on me
[18:41] <Colin_Finck> (I'm planning a private train trip next year, which will also cross Belarus and will certainly need a visa)
[18:41] <Matthias_Kupfer> so, we would need a visa?
[18:41] <Colin_Finck> if you come by train, then yes. If you come via Minsk airport, you can get there visa free
[18:41] <Colin_Finck> (for 30 days)
[18:42] <Matthias_Kupfer> I'm more worried now, anyway
[18:43] <Matthias_Kupfer> other plans and ideas?
[18:43] <Colin_Finck> anyway, having organized the last few Hackfests in Berlin, I'm not opposed to a wholly different location for 2020. It just needs someone else to do the local organization then
[18:43] <Colin_Finck> I'll ask Victor Perevertkin, he was also a friend of the Minsk idea
[18:44] <Timo_Kreuzer> okay
[18:44] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay, so let's postpone the decision on that, are there other suitable regions?
[18:44] <Colin_Finck> Matthias_Kupfer: let me shortly write something up
[18:44] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay
[18:44] <Colin_Finck> regarding other ideas
[18:44] <Colin_Finck> in the meantime, you guys are free to suggest other suitable regions for a Hackfest
[18:46] <Daniel_Reimer> Well, over here? Not much to see in Lower Franconia and I would have to check for a bigger location, unless we wanna do hackfest in my living room ^^ But if nothing else comes up, it is possible here
[18:47] <Matthias_Kupfer> regarding our money pile, I thought about developing a small notebook with working hardware for reactos and selling bundled with free operating system
[18:48] <Thomas_Faber> (back)
[18:48] <Matthias_Kupfer> for windows people which don't want to use windows 10 but have some programs to run
[18:48] <Mark_Jansen> maybe we could discount merchandise or cover shipping costs?
[18:48] <Matthias_Kupfer> and need a windows system for whatever reason
[18:49] <Daniel_Reimer> I like the idea
[18:49] <Amine_Khalidi> has quit the server (Connection reset by peer)
[18:49] <Timo_Kreuzer> Matthias_Kupfer: I don't think we are anywhere close to consider that. And selling it would increase our money pile.
[18:49] <Timo_Kreuzer> *close in the sense of ReactOS stability
[18:50] <Matthias_Kupfer> we can select supported hardware items, okay it was just an idea, the developing cost will considerable minimize our money pile
[18:50] <Colin_Finck> Victor Perevertkin and me have been to Google Summer of Code Mentor Summit in Munich this year and met many interesting people. Next to what I already reported on ros-dev, I also talked to some Indian mentors.
[18:50] <Colin_Finck> They are well aware of the problem of vastly different qualities you can get when hiring software engineers from India (no matter if it's GSoC or something else). However, those mentors referred me to FOSSASIA, a non-profit organization with a good connection to developers in Asia. It sounds like it's possible to basically go there with a budget and objectives and they can find the right developers for us. Our budget could actually mean a pretty
[18:50] <Colin_Finck> good pay for these people in these countries.
[18:51] <Mark_Jansen> so they would handle the biggest workload of hiring / searching people?
[18:51] <Colin_Finck> I still didn't find the time to speak to anyone from FOSSASIA. But I also can't do that alone. If we hire anyone from

outside, these people also need basic training and mentorship in the beginning, just like we do for GSoC

[18:51] <Colin_Finck> Mark_Jansen: The mentors I talked to made it sound like that. But as I say, I still have to speak to someone from FOSSASIA actually

[18:52] <Daniel_Reimer> If it's close to what they claim it to be... Do it.

[18:52] <Colin_Finck> I can't really start on that before we have an idea list

[18:52] <Colin_Finck> we always prepare that only shortly before GSoC starts

[18:52] <Mark_Jansen> maybe we can pay a community member to mentor newcomers?

[18:53] Amine_Khalidi has joined #generalassembly with voice status

[18:53] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay, this idea sounds good for me, I vote for it, I think we should consider a kind of compensation if the mentor duties are very time consuming

[18:53] <Timo_Kreuzer> Are we talking about professional developers or students?

[18:53] <Colin_Finck> Mark_Jansen: I think if we want a good technical outcome, we need some technical mentors

[18:54] <Mark_Jansen> And another idea would be to pay someone to write press releases / articles?

[18:55] <Mark_Jansen> we have many enthusiasts that do not have the technical know-how to contribute code, but they might want to contribute in other ways

[18:55] <Matthias_Kupfer> Okay, so, we need a kind of wish list and a person to introduce developers into the development process

[18:56] <Matthias_Kupfer> right?

[18:56] <Colin_Finck> Timo_Kreuzer: Rather professional developers. But I expect that we'll likely get people that just graduated from university and are looking for first jobs. I expect long-term professional developers to eventually end up with a job at a bigger organization rather than going from gig to gig

[18:57] <Timo_Kreuzer> ok, which means it would be independent from time (vacations).

[18:58] <Matthias_Kupfer> what are the next steps?

[18:58] <Colin_Finck> Matthias_Kupfer: Yeah, it's probably the easiest if someone takes https://reactos.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2019_Ideas, copies it to "Google Summer of Code 2020 Ideas", cleans it up, and adds new stuff

[18:58] <Colin_Finck> This could serve as a list for both GSoC and potential jobs then

[18:59] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay, and you are going to contact FOSSASIA in near future?

[18:59] <Colin_Finck> when I have a list to show them, I can do that

[19:00] <Colin_Finck> and I'm also fine with paying people for all other tasks that haven't been taken up by volunteers yet, e.g. as Mark_Jansen suggested

[19:00] <Matthias_Kupfer> ah, okay, so we need the list first, I see

[19:00] <Colin_Finck> we just need the right people :)

[19:00] <Matthias_Kupfer> and the right legal form to do that

[19:01] <Matthias_Kupfer> let's avoid to hire poeple directly

[19:01] <Colin_Finck> ah, sure

[19:01] <Colin_Finck> I think this concludes the agenda point

[19:02] <Matthias_Kupfer> As long as some activities are time consuming we can offer a compansation for some tasks event for members under specific circumstances

[19:02] <Colin_Finck> well, maybe even the next one "Possibly discussion about current and future paid development activities"

[19:03] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay, so then lets move on, has anyone turhter topics to come up with?

[19:03] <Timo_Kreuzer> One additional remark:

[19:04] <Timo_Kreuzer> for paid developers we have different task requirements (i.e. less), so we can use tasks like "Fix winetests" or "clean up the wiki"

[19:04] <Timo_Kreuzer> So maybe we should separate that

[19:04] <Matthias_Kupfer> I think we need more than 2 groups, first guess:

[19:05] <Matthias_Kupfer> 1. core developers (kernel)

[19:05] <Matthias_Kupfer> 2. application developers

[19:05] <Colin_Finck> Timo_Kreuzer: https://reactos.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2019_Ideas already has a separation by category, and I also think it would be beneficial if we had a Difficulty label. Maybe it makes more sense to manage that entire list in JIRA anyway :)

[19:05] <Matthias_Kupfer> 3. tester, artwork, translations and stuff like this

[19:06] <Timo_Kreuzer> I guess we will figure something out

[19:06] <Matthias_Kupfer> 4. administrative supporting tasks, wiki, merchandise, articles, promotions, support on fairs and events

[19:07] <Colin_Finck> Timo_Kreuzer: If nobody volunteers today to manage that, I'm afraid nothing would happen before FOSDEM

[19:07] <Colin_Finck> we can of course use our Mini-Hackfest on FOSDEM's Saturday to make a list

[19:08] <Colin_Finck> but would be great if we still got things done outside of Hackfests ;)

[19:08] <Matthias_Kupfer> Colin_Finck: let's use the upcoming events to do little steps forward, we can furthermore plan some short meetings in mattermost on regulary basis

[19:09] <Matthias_Kupfer> once in 2 months

[19:09] <Colin_Finck> Nobody had called for our former monthly meetings in a long time, so I didn't reinstate them. Could do anytime though

[19:10] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay, just an idea

[19:10] <Mark_Jansen> This seems like a good idea to move this forward

[19:10] <Matthias_Kupfer> short meetings means less then an hour

[19:11] <Colin_Finck> Mark_Jansen: you mean reinstating monthly meetings?

[19:11] <Mark_Jansen> once in 2 months

[19:11] <Daniel_Reimer> Meetings are needed. RosBE waits for fixes, the list and more stuff. At least every 3 months

[19:12] <Colin_Finck> ok

[19:12] <Timo_Kreuzer> I agree.

[19:13] <Matthias_Kupfer> but please a small group of people, otherwise it will take considerably longer

[19:13] <Colin_Finck> Depends. If you need a volunteer, you want to draw from a large pool of people :)

[19:13] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay let's start with 2 months to end up with one in 3 months ;-)

[19:13] <Daniel_Reimer> Good ^^

[19:14] <Daniel_Reimer> Btw, Matthias_Kupfer registration for CLT is out.

[19:14] <Matthias_Kupfer> should we setup a kind of doodle to schedule the best date and time?

[19:14] <Colin_Finck> I think first one should be in January then. Unless Timo_Kreuzer prefers a meeting next week to push for his Hackfest-over-Christmas-holidays idea ;)

[19:14] <Matthias_Kupfer> or are there pferrred dates already konwn (day of week and time)

[19:15] <Mark_Jansen> or something like the first or last thursday of even / odd months?

[19:15] <Daniel_Reimer> If the group is big enough to make a doodle useful... sure

[19:15] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay, last thursday of even month sounds fine to me

[19:16] <Matthias_Kupfer> odd month sounds a little bit odd

[19:16] <Timo_Kreuzer> I'd prefer first thursday

[19:16] <Mark_Jansen> odd if we start in januari?

[19:16] <Colin_Finck> Matthias_Kupfer: My idea would be to reinstate the monthly meetings on Mattermost we had until around a year ago. With all ReactOS members, not just e.V.-related

[19:16] <Matthias_Kupfer> Colin_Finck: but this will not take an hour

[19:17] <Matthias_Kupfer> I actually mean short meeting

[19:17] <Mark_Jansen> Maybe if we change the format?

[19:17] <Colin_Finck> If you have a clear agenda, it can be done in an hour. We had that already

[19:17] <Colin_Finck> And for non-agenda topics, people can continue to discuss on the Development channel afterwards

[19:18] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay, last thursday in odd month, starting in january (2020-01-30)

[19:18] <Daniel_Reimer> +1

[19:18] <Timo_Kreuzer> I'm fine with that

[19:18] <Mark_Jansen> works for me

[19:18] <Colin_Finck> +1 (I'm still on holidays on the first Thursday of January :P)

[19:19] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay 1900?

[19:19] <Daniel_Reimer> Doable. Unless there is an emergency again...

[19:20] <Colin_Finck> We always went for 19:00 UTC in the past

[19:20] <Timo_Kreuzer> remember that this is for all devs, not only for us. We should just keep the old time, IIRC we voted on that.

[19:20] <Colin_Finck> which would be 20:00 in our CET/GMT+1 timezone

[19:21] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay so 19:00 UTC (20:00 CET)

[19:21] <Colin_Finck> Timo_Kreuzer: Exactly. Not sure if we still all agree on what we voted on back then, but let's start with that
[19:21] <Daniel_Reimer> better. More possible fixing time frame after work is over (over in theory)
[19:22] <Matthias_Kupfer> finally has anyone moved to a new residence and we have to update the new address?
[19:22] <Colin_Finck> I did :)
[19:22] <Colin_Finck> And I already updated the address in the system
[19:22] <Matthias_Kupfer> Colin_Finck: which place/city now?
[19:23] <Colin_Finck> still Aachen, but different street
[19:23] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay, anyone else?
[19:23] <Colin_Finck> the new address is already on the last paper we sent to the registration courts in the beginning of 2019
[19:23] <Timo_Kreuzer> no
[19:23] <Daniel_Reimer> No changes here and none planned too
[19:23] <Matthias_Kupfer> Amine_Khalidi: you are still alive?
[19:23] <Thomas_Faber> No change here
[19:23] <Mark_Jansen> I am hoping to move in 2020, but as of yet, no change
[19:24] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay, no changes so far, then the official part is over
[19:25] <Matthias_Kupfer> thanks for you time, we will see you on january (at least)
[19:25] <Mark_Jansen> in mattermost
[19:25] <Colin_Finck> yep
[19:26] <Colin_Finck> so I'll shut down the IRC Server now and we can all move to Mattermost
[19:26] <Daniel_Reimer> Already there ^^
[19:26] <Colin_Finck> think it's time to finally book an airbnb for FOSDEM :)
[19:27] Daniel_Reimer has quit the server (End of file)



ReactOS Deutschland e.V.

Am Bach 11
33378 Rheda-Wiedenbrück
deutschland@reactos.org

Geschäftsbericht 2018

Der Geschäftsbericht dient nach der Satzung des Vereins ReactOS Deutschland e.V. primär dazu, den Mitgliedern einen Überblick über die Arbeit des Vereins im Jahre 2018 zu geben. Der Geschäftsbericht gliedert sich in Aktivitäten, Ausblick und Finanzen. Die vorrangige Aufgabe des Vereins besteht in der Förderung des Projektes ReactOS. Die Hauptaufgaben bestanden 2018 in:

- Organisation des ReactOS Hackfest 2018
- Organisation der Teilnahme am Google Summer of Code
- Präsentation des Projekts auf einschlägigen Messen/Veranstaltungen

Aktivitäten

Folgende jährlich wiederkehrende Aktivitäten, die unmittelbar mit dem Vereinsziel einhergehen, werden nicht ausführlich dargelegt. Dies waren insbesondere:

- Weiterarbeit am Betriebssystem ReactOS und zugehöriger Komponenten (z.B. RosBE), selbstverständlich auch durch Nicht-Vereinsmitglieder
- Entgegennahme von Spenden und Verwaltung der bisher gesammelten Gelder
- Buchführung und Verwaltung der Mitglieder

Über das gesamte Jahr 2018 bekannte sich das ReactOS-Projekt zum wieder eingeführten 3-monatigen Releasezyklus. Dadurch wurden in diesem Jahr drei ReactOS-Versionen veröffentlicht und garantierten einen stetigen Spendenzufluss, welcher sogar das gute Ergebnis von 2017 noch übertraf.

Ein Teil dieser Gelder wurde genutzt, um ein Stipendium aus dem vorherigen Jahr fortzusetzen. Dieses lief bis Ende März, als der Student nicht länger die Voraussetzungen erfüllte und das Stipendium beendet werden musste. Bezahlte ReactOS-Entwicklung fand auch im Februar in Form einer Vertragsarbeit am USB-Stack statt. ReactOS Deutschland e.V. hielt das restliche Jahr über Ausschau nach weiteren qualifizierten Studenten und Freiberuflern. Aufgrund eines Mangels an geeigneten Kandidaten konnten 2018 leider keine zusätzlichen Stipendien vergeben oder Entwicklerverträge geschlossen werden.

Auch 2018 präsentierten Mitglieder des ReactOS-Projekts das Betriebssystem ein weiteres Mal auf einschlägigen Open-Source-Messen wie der FOSDEM in Brüssel im Februar und den Chemnitzer Linux-Tagen im März. Darüber hinaus hielt Vereinsmitglied Pierre Schweitzer dieses Jahr einen Vortrag über ReactOS auf der RMLL in Straßburg im Juli. Wie jedes Jahr unterstützte ReactOS Deutschland e.V. alle Präsentationen durch die

Ausgabe von Werbematerial und die Übernahme der Reisekosten.

Von Mai bis September konnte das ReactOS-Projekt erneut am jährlichen Google Summer of Code Programm teilnehmen, bei dem Google Universitätsstudenten bezahlt, um an ausgewählten Open-Source-Projekten zu arbeiten. Im Gegensatz zu den vorherigen Jahren konnte sich dieses Jahr nur ein einziger Student für die ausgeschriebenen Aufgaben qualifizieren. Glücklicherweise konnte dieser durch vier ReactOS-Entwickler betreut werden, dadurch erfolgreich seine Aufgabe abschließen und nach Ende des Programms ein Mitglied des ReactOS-Entwicklerteams werden. ReactOS Deutschland e.V. erhielt daraufhin die Summe von 3200\$, sowohl für die erfolgreiche Betreuung als auch zur Teilnahme von bis zu zwei Personen am Google Summer of Code Mentor Summit in Sunnyvale, Kalifornien. Vereinsmitglied Colin Finck nutzte diese Gelegenheit im Oktober, um Erfahrungen mit anderen Open-Source-Projekten auszutauschen und Einblicke zu erhalten, wie unsere zukünftigen Summer of Code Teilnahmen verbessert werden können.

Wie bereits 2017 geplant wurde auch 2018 durch ReactOS Deutschland e.V. ein weiteres ReactOS Hackfest veranstaltet, dieses Mal vom 16. bis 21. August in Berlin. Der Raum wurde großzügigerweise kostenlos durch den IN-Berlin e.V. bereitgestellt, welcher bereits in der Vergangenheit vergleichbare Veranstaltungen von ähnlich gesinnten Open-Source-Projekten unterstützt hat. Dadurch war die Buchung sehr unkompliziert und der Raum kam bereits mit der entsprechenden Ausstattung, die für eine solche Veranstaltung nötig ist. ReactOS Deutschland e.V. musste lediglich die Reisekosten einiger Teilnehmer übernehmen. Insgesamt wurde das ReactOS Hackfest 2018 in Berlin sehr positiv aufgenommen und wir freuen uns bereits auf das nächste Hackfest dort!

Die ReactOS-Infrastruktur blieb weitgehend unverändert bis November, als zwei langjährige dedizierte Server durch eine Flotte von gemieteten virtuellen Maschinen und einem dedizierten Storage-System ersetzt wurden. Im Vergleich zum vorherigen Aufbau arbeiten diese virtuellen Maschinen unabhängig voneinander, sodass der Ausfall eines Dienstes nicht länger andere Dienste beeinträchtigen kann. Um die Zuverlässigkeit und Dezentralisierung weiter zu erhöhen sind diese virtuellen Maschinen nun auch auf mehrere Orte in Europa verteilt. Als Nebeneffekt der Migration sind die ReactOS Web-Dienste ebenfalls wieder aus Ländern erreichbar, wo diese Opfer von IP-Bereichssperren wurden. Durch die stetig sinkenden Kosten von Server-Hosting-Dienstleistungen kommt die verbesserte Infrastruktur zu etwa gleichen monatlichen Kosten, bei jedoch geringerem Wartungsaufwand.

Zum Ende des Jahres fand die jährliche Mitgliederversammlung des ReactOS Deutschland e.V. statt. Abgesehen von der Entlastung des Vorstands und der üblichen Präsentation aller aktuellen und zukünftigen Aktivitäten wurde die Satzung geändert, um den Vorstand auf vier Mitglieder zu erweitern. Basierend auf der erfolgreichen Bearbeitung einiger Projektanliegen in der Vergangenheit wurde das langjährige ReactOS-Mitglied Pierre Schweitzer auf die neu geschaffene Vorstandsposition gewählt, wodurch ReactOS Deutschland e.V. das Projekt nun auch überzeugender international vertreten kann.

Ausblick

ReactOS Deutschland e.V. wird das ReactOS-Projekt auch im Jahr 2019 weiter unterstützen.

Ein weiteres Stipendium ist bereits vorgesehen und wird im März vergeben. Abgesehen

davon wird der Verein weiterhin Spenden verwalten, die ReactOS-Teilnahme an einschlägigen Open-Source-Veranstaltungen unterstützen und die ReactOS-Infrastruktur aufrecht erhalten. Das ReactOS Hackfest 2019 ist ebenfalls geplant und wird aller Voraussicht nach gegen August im gleichen Raum in Berlin stattfinden.

Finanzen

Einkommen

Spenden	18.783,51 €
Betreuung von Google Summer of Code Studenten	2.680,14 €

Ausgaben

Stipendien	3.104,00 €
Infrastrukturkosten (Server)	2.349,50 €
Reisekosten	2.172,59 €
Ehrenamtspauschale	720,00 €
Gezielte Forschungs- und Entwicklungsvorhaben	338,70 €
Infrastrukturkosten (Domains)	32,32 €
Bankgebühren	0,30 €

Summen

Summe Einnahmen	21.463,65 €
Summe Ausgaben	8.717,41 €
Rücklagen von 2017	36.626,00 €
Kontostand am 31.12.2018	49.372,24 €

Rücklagenbildung

Durch die positive Entwicklung der Finanzen innerhalb der letzten 3 Jahre ist ReactOS Deutschland e.V. rechtlich verpflichtet, eine Liste über die Bildung von Rücklagen bereitzustellen. Daher enthält der Geschäftsbericht das erste Mal diesen Abschnitt.

Aus dem Kontostand vom 31.12.2018 wurden folgende Summen als Rücklagen für Ausgaben innerhalb der nächsten 3 Jahre vorgesehen:

Stipendien und andere Arten von bezahlter Entwicklung	23.484,00 €
Werbungskosten	5.000,00 €
Investitionen in Server-Infrastruktur	3.000,00 €
Rechtsberatung	3.000,00 €
Periodisch wiederkehrende Infrastrukturkosten	2.192,00 €
Organisations- und Reisekosten für ReactOS Hackfests	2.000,00 €
Reisekosten zu Open-Source-Veranstaltungen	1.600,00 €

Matthias Kupfer (Vorstandsvorsitzender)
Daniel Reimer (stv. Vorstandsvorsitzender)
Pierre Schweitzer (stv. Vorstandsvorsitzender)
Colin Finck (Vorstandsmitglied/Kassenwart)