

Minutes of the General Assembly on 17th November, 2022

Minute taker: Colin Finck



ReactOS Deutschland e.V.

Am Bach 11
33378 Rheda-Wiedenbrück, Germany
deutschland@reactos.org

The General Assembly of the Association “ReactOS Deutschland e.V.” took place in the internet (TLS-secured IRC server) on 17th November, 2022 at 20:00 (local German time).

Attendant members

- Matthias Kupfer (President of the Association)
- Daniel Reimer (Vice President of the Association)
- Colin Finck (Treasurer)
- Mark Jansen
- Amine Khaldi
- Thomas Faber

The Association currently has 9 active members. A decision about the amendment of the Articles of Association requires the presence of two thirds of the active members as per §8.5 of the Articles of Association. Consequently, the attendant 6 active members were sufficient to enable changes to the Articles of Association.

Summary of the decisions

- The Board has been discharged of its responsibilities with 3 “Yes” votes, 0 “No” votes and 0 abstentions. Board members were excluded from voting.
- Members have been informed that the sentence “Members will not receive any direct benefits out of the funds of the Association” was added to §2.5 of the Articles of Association as requested by the financial authorities. The Board could do this amendment on its own as per §7.8 of the Articles of Association.
- Members have been told again that last year’s voting on the amendment of §7.1 and §7.2 of the Articles of Association needs to be repeated, because the invitation to the General Assembly back then did not inform about the planned changes to the Articles of Association.
- §7.1 and §7.2 of the Articles of Association have been changed to reduce the Board to three persons. This was done by removing the second Vice President position. In particular, the words “four persons” in §7.1 were changed to “three persons” and the words “two Vice Presidents” in §7.2 to “a Vice President”. The suggested changes were accepted with 6 “Yes” votes, 0 “No” votes and 0 abstentions.
- Matthias Kupfer, Daniel Reimer, and Colin Finck have been elected as Board members, each with 6 “Yes” votes, 0 “No” votes, and 0 abstentions. They will serve as President (Matthias Kupfer), Vice President (Daniel Reimer), and Treasurer (Colin Finck).
- ReactOS Deutschland e.V. plans to participate at FOSDEM 2023 and the Chemnitzer Linux-Tage 2023. After two virtual gatherings, these conferences are finally taking place as physical events again.

The original wordings of all attendant members can be read in the attached IRC Log.

Aachen, 17th November, 2022

For the correctness of the minutes

(signed Colin Finck)

(Minute taker)

(signed Matthias Kupfer)

(President)

Attachments

- Automatically created IRC Log of the General Assembly
- Annual Report 2021

Automatically created IRC Log of the General Assembly

Notice: The time is given in UTC. For getting the German time on that day, add one hour.

```
[13:30] LogBot has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[13:30] VoteBot has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[13:31] Colin_Finck has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[17:45] Mark_Jansen has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[17:48] Mark_Jansen has quit the server (Quit)
[17:49] Mark_Jansen has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[18:08] Daniel_Reimer has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[18:08] <Daniel_Reimer> :wave: ^^
[18:14] <Mark_Jansen> wave
[18:23] Amine_Khalidi has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[18:23] <Amine_Khalidi> Hi everyone!
[18:37] Matthias_Kupfer has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[18:37] <Matthias_Kupfer> Hello to all
[18:42] <Mark_Jansen> hey
[18:45] <Matthias_Kupfer> Let my welcome you for now, but we will wait and start sharp 20:00 CET
[18:46] <Colin_Finck> sounds good!
[18:46] <Daniel_Reimer> A Hi from my side, too
[18:46] <Colin_Finck> and hello everybody from my side as well
[18:47] <Colin_Finck> feels weird to communicate entirely in plaintext again after using so many rich communication services over the past few
years
[18:48] <Colin_Finck> then again, we have always managed to do an efficient General Assembly over IRC - and it's still so much better than having
to meet up in person every year :)
[18:49] <Matthias_Kupfer> Colin_Finck: How many people do we need for the 2/3 quorum (for changing the charter)?
[18:52] <Colin_Finck> Matthias_Kupfer: Good that you ask. I'm afraid we need 6 people for that..
[18:53] <Mark_Jansen> 1 short
[18:53] <Colin_Finck> yep
[18:56] <Matthias_Kupfer> Just in case, I think we should postpone everything if we aren't enough members present
[18:56] <Matthias_Kupfer> we have to postpone the assembly for 2 months
[18:57] <Daniel_Reimer> Like we already had to once in the past.
[18:57] <Colin_Finck> Thomas is on his way here :)
[18:57] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay
[18:58] <Colin_Finck> Another reason for me to really get serious about getting more people into ReactOS Deutschland e.V.
[18:59] <Colin_Finck> but as this year's General Assembly partly repeats last year's, I wanted to do it afterwards
[18:59] <Matthias_Kupfer> or we expell some memebtrs not seen for a long period
[19:00] <Colin_Finck> yeah, $5.1 of our charter allows for that
[19:01] <Matthias_Kupfer> So now it's 20:00, we are going to start
[19:01] <Colin_Finck> but same thing, it should only be done after today's General Assembly and after I got the paperwork done
[19:01] <Matthias_Kupfer> I hope Thomas will arrive soon
[19:02] <Matthias_Kupfer> Due to special circumstances, shall we add an additional grace period?
[19:02] <Mark_Jansen> Sure
[19:02] <Colin_Finck> I'm not opposed to that
[19:03] <Daniel_Reimer> If 5 minutes mean we can get it done today, of course.
[19:07] <Colin_Finck> Short update: His mIRC version doesn't like to connect to our server. TLS problems
[19:07] <Colin_Finck> Is anyone of you on mIRC? (so I can confirm that he only needs an update to the latest version)
[19:08] <Daniel_Reimer> 7.71 here, all fine
[19:08] <Colin_Finck> ok, told him about that
[19:10] Thomas_Faber has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[19:11] <Mark_Jansen> \o/
[19:11] <Colin_Finck> yaaaay!
[19:11] <Daniel_Reimer> success
[19:11] <Amine_Khalidi> :)
[19:11] <Colin_Finck> So for the record: 6 out of the 9 ReactOS Deutschland e.V. active members are present now
[19:11] <Matthias_Kupfer> Okay with a little delay, now we start the offical general assmbly 2022
[19:11] <Colin_Finck> which means we have the quorum to change the charter / Articles of Association
[19:11] <Colin_Finck> Matthias_Kupfer has the word
[19:12] <Matthias_Kupfer> All of you got with the invitation email the annual report
[19:12] <Matthias_Kupfer> does anyone have question regarding the report?
[19:13] <Daniel_Reimer> No. All fine.
[19:13] <Amine_Khalidi> (all good here)
[19:13] <Matthias_Kupfer> It seems that's not the case, so we can proceed with the agenda
[19:13] <Mark_Jansen> No questions
[19:13] <Colin_Finck> If you don't find the invitation e-mail right now, I also uploaded the Annual Report at
https://ev.reactos.org/temp/Annual_Report_2021.pdf (English) and https://ev.reactos.org/temp/Gesch%C3%A4ftsbericht_2021.pdf (German)
[19:14] <Matthias_Kupfer> I hope you all have read it in advance
[19:14] <Matthias_Kupfer> so, the next points are legal and voting things
[19:15] <Matthias_Kupfer> first of all we need the discharge the responsibilities of the board members
[19:15] <Matthias_Kupfer> If there are no questions, please Colin setup the voting bot
[19:15] <Colin_Finck> If you're ready, I can set up the vote for that
[19:16] <Daniel_Reimer> I still dont know if you expect us to say no or just stay silent in suich a case, but no questions here
[19:16] <VoteBot> Colin_Finck has set up a vote and I'm asking all participating members in private messages now.
[19:16] <VoteBot> Excluded from voting:
[19:16] <VoteBot> Colin_Finck
[19:16] <VoteBot> Daniel_Reimer
[19:16] <VoteBot> Matthias_Kupfer
[19:17] <VoteBot> The vote is over. Here are the results!
[19:17] <VoteBot> Question: Do you agree with discharging the responsibilities of the Board? (in German: "Sprechen Sie dem Vorstand Entlastung
aus?")
[19:17] <VoteBot> Answers:
[19:17] <VoteBot> Abstention - 0 votes
[19:17] <VoteBot> Yes - 3 votes
[19:17] <VoteBot> No - 0 votes
[19:17] <VoteBot> Total number of votes: 3
[19:17] <Colin_Finck> Thank you very much!
[19:18] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay, thank you all!
[19:18] <Daniel_Reimer> Thank you!
[19:19] <Matthias_Kupfer> The next thing is some legal stuff with regard to our aticles, please Colin can you explain it briefly?
[19:19] <Colin_Finck> sure
[19:20] <Colin_Finck> so the financial authorities already requested a while ago to add the following sentence to §2.5 of our charter / Articles
of Association:
[19:20] <Colin_Finck> "Members will not receive any direct benefits out of the funds of the Association."
[19:21] <Colin_Finck> (in the legally binding German original: "Die Mitglieder erhalten keine Zuwendungen aus Mitteln des Vereins."
```

[19:21] <Daniel_Reimer> Isn't that already in there?

[19:22] <Colin_Finck> we had time to postpone that change until there was a real reason to change the charter / Articles of Association

[19:22] <Colin_Finck> and that was last year

[19:23] <Colin_Finck> Daniel_Reimer: Yes, it's part of the charter / Articles of Association since last year

[19:23] <Colin_Finck> because according to §7.8, the Board may do such changes, which have only been requested by the financial authorities for pure bureaucratic reasons, without voting on them here

[19:24] <Colin_Finck> I just have to tell you about them at the next General Assembly

[19:24] <Colin_Finck> which I have hereby done

[19:24] <Thomas_Faber> This does not preclude paid contract work by association members, right? Presumably that wouldn't count as "Zuwendungen"?

[19:25] <Matthias_Kupfer> contracted work is a different thing

[19:25] <Thomas_Faber> Good. Sounds great then!

[19:25] <Daniel_Reimer> "Zuwendungen" are more being paid for e.V. work. Paid work on ROS is different.

[19:25] <Colin_Finck> Thomas_Faber: This more or less explains it: <https://www.juraforum.de/forum/t/die-mitglieder-erhalten-keine-zuwendungen-aus-mitteln-des-vereins.347003/>

[19:26] <Colin_Finck> "Zuwendungen" = payment without the other person doing anything for us

[19:26] <Daniel_Reimer> Oh, so I was wrong.

[19:27] <Colin_Finck> in any case, contracts for ReactOS development are not affected by that

[19:27] <Colin_Finck> neither are scholarships for eligible students working on ReactOS

[19:27] <Thomas_Faber> Got it, thanks!

[19:28] <Matthias_Kupfer> If I remember right there was a second issue with financial authorities, because they requested to announce the change of articles in the invitation

[19:29] <Colin_Finck> Yep, that is the reason why some agenda points from last year are in this year's invitation again

[19:29] <Matthias_Kupfer> So everyone got the information about the change of some articles in the invitation, the second change is the count of board members

[19:30] <Colin_Finck> Short explanation: Changing the charter / Articles of Association requires this point to be explicitly announced in the invitation to the General Assembly - with the explicit change we want to make

[19:30] <Colin_Finck> That wasn't the case last year, so we have to re-vote on these points

[19:30] <Matthias_Kupfer> I hope you remember that we had an election last year, as long as we would like to reduce the board back to 3 persons we had to change the articles accordingly

[19:31] <Matthias_Kupfer> Therefore now we vote for the change of the articles to reduce the board to 3 members, Colin please setup the vote bot

[19:31] <Matthias_Kupfer> are there any questions?

[19:31] <Daniel_Reimer> No

[19:32] <Thomas_Faber> Nope, all good

[19:32] <Matthias_Kupfer> "same procedure as last year"

[19:32] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay, Colin please start the vote

[19:33] <VoteBot> Colin_Finck has set up a vote and I'm asking all participating members in private messages now.

[19:35] <Colin_Finck> This time nobody is excluded from voting

[19:35] <VoteBot> The vote is over. Here are the results!

[19:35] <VoteBot> Question: Do you agree with reducing the Board to three persons by changing §7.1 of the Articles of Association from "four persons" to "three persons" and §7.2 from "two Vice Presidents" to "a Vice President"? (in German: Stimmen Sie der Verkleinerung des Vorstands auf drei Personen durch Änderung von §7.1 der Satzung von "vier Personen" auf "drei Personen" und gleichzeitiger Änderung von §7.2 von "zwei Stellvertreter" auf "einen Stellvertreter" zu?)

[19:35] <VoteBot> Answers:

[19:35] <VoteBot> Abstention - 0 votes

[19:35] <VoteBot> Yes (in German: Ja) - 6 votes

[19:35] <VoteBot> No (in German: Nein) - 0 votes

[19:35] <VoteBot> Total number of votes: 6

[19:35] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay, so the changes can be applied

[19:35] <Colin_Finck> Awesome! I have a good feeling we get it through this time :)

[19:36] <Daniel_Reimer> And if not, we need more members :D

[19:36] <Matthias_Kupfer> After that we can proceed to the voting for the board itself

[19:37] <Matthias_Kupfer> I hope everyone sticks to the position of the last year?

[19:37] <Colin_Finck> I'll be available for a Board position again

[19:37] <Daniel_Reimer> I have no reason to say no. So... sure

[19:38] <Colin_Finck> what about you, Matthias? :)

[19:38] <Matthias_Kupfer> That means we come back to the old board configuration: Colin: Treasurer, Daniel Vice President, me President

[19:38] <Matthias_Kupfer> just for clarification

[19:38] <Colin_Finck> if the members vote us in

[19:39] <Colin_Finck> voting first, then we can decide about the Board positions

[19:39] <Matthias_Kupfer> But we can give an open and honest information what they are going to get

[19:39] <Colin_Finck> but given that Matthias, Daniel, and me are available for the Board again, we have the minimum number of people up for election

[19:39] <Matthias_Kupfer> any questions?

[19:39] <Colin_Finck> is anybody else up for election?

[19:40] <Colin_Finck> that's going to you, Amine_Khalidi, Mark_Jansen, Thomas_Faber

[19:40] <Mark_Jansen> Not me.

[19:40] <Amine_Khalidi> not me

[19:41] <Matthias_Kupfer> Thomas a short yes or no

[19:41] <Thomas_Faber> Not me

[19:41] <Colin_Finck> alright

[19:41] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay, no further candidates

[19:41] <Colin_Finck> so I'll set up the votes for Matthias, Daniel and me again

[19:41] <Matthias_Kupfer> so, please setup the vote bot

[19:42] <VoteBot> Colin_Finck has set up a vote and I'm asking all participating members in private messages now.

[19:43] <VoteBot> The vote is over. Here are the results!

[19:43] <VoteBot> Question: Do you agree with electing Matthias Kupfer into the Board? (in German: Stimmen Sie für die Wahl von Matthias Kupfer zum Vorstandsmitglied?)

[19:43] <VoteBot> Answers:

[19:43] <VoteBot> Abstention - 0 votes

[19:43] <VoteBot> Yes (in German: Ja) - 6 votes

[19:43] <VoteBot> No (in German: Nein) - 0 votes

[19:43] <VoteBot> Total number of votes: 6

[19:44] <Matthias_Kupfer> thank you, now for the next board member

[19:45] <VoteBot> Colin_Finck has set up a vote and I'm asking all participating members in private messages now.

[19:45] <VoteBot> The vote is over. Here are the results!

[19:45] <VoteBot> Question: Do you agree with electing Daniel Reimer into the Board? (in German: Stimmen Sie für die Wahl von Daniel Reimer zum Vorstandsmitglied?)

[19:45] <VoteBot> Answers:

[19:45] <VoteBot> Abstention - 0 votes

[19:45] <VoteBot> Yes (in German: Ja) - 6 votes

[19:45] <VoteBot> No (in German: Nein) - 0 votes

[19:45] <VoteBot> Total number of votes: 6

[19:46] <VoteBot> Colin_Finck has set up a vote and I'm asking all participating members in private messages now.

[19:46] <VoteBot> The vote is over. Here are the results!

[19:46] <VoteBot> Question: Do you agree with electing Colin Finck into the Board? (in German: Stimmen Sie für die Wahl von Colin Finck zum Vorstandsmitglied?)

[19:46] <VoteBot> Answers:

[19:46] <VoteBot> Abstention - 0 votes

[19:46] <VoteBot> Yes (in German: Ja) - 6 votes
[19:46] <VoteBot> No (in German: Nein) - 0 votes
[19:46] <VoteBot> Total number of votes: 6
[19:46] <Colin_Finck> Thank you!
[19:47] <Daniel_Reimer> Thanks :D
[19:47] <Matthias_Kupfer> So thank you for your support
[19:47] <Colin_Finck> That's hopefully the last election of Board members for the next 3 years
[19:47] <Thomas_Faber> Thanks to you three for running the place! :)
[19:48] <Colin_Finck> I'll make an appointment with the notary as soon as possible to get the paperwork for today's General Assembly done
[19:48] <Matthias_Kupfer> after the election we can proceed with the presentation and future activities
[19:48] <Colin_Finck> finally the non-bureaucratic part :)
[19:48] <Daniel_Reimer> Oh yes ^^
[19:48] <Matthias_Kupfer> For chemnitz linux days a can announce that for now it's planned as a real live event
[19:48] <Matthias_Kupfer> but we all know things can change quickly
[19:48] <Colin_Finck> \o/
[19:49] <Mark_Jansen> We can hope :)
[19:49] <Daniel_Reimer> Of course I plan to attend to CLT 2023 hopefully in REAL IN Chemnitz. I have to be a bit more early with asking the others to join in this time... Last time we were able to get there, it was a bit short planned.
[19:49] <Matthias_Kupfer> I can support the booth at least in part time if necessary
[19:49] <Colin_Finck> FOSDEM 2023 is also taking place as a live event
[19:50] <Colin_Finck> 4th and 5th February 2023
[19:50] <Matthias_Kupfer> Are there any other planned events so far?
[19:50] <Daniel_Reimer> Not from my side.
[19:50] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay, so we will attend at least these both events?
[19:51] <Daniel_Reimer> Things can change quickly. Not the first time we had some surprise event where someone talked about us or even showed the current status
[19:51] <Matthias_Kupfer> Daniel would you please register for CLT you can add me for the personell as long as I am not alone
[19:51] <Colin_Finck> damn, I just found out that the deadline for stands at FOSDEM was 2 days ago...: <https://stands.fosdem.org/submission/>
[19:52] <Daniel_Reimer> Sure I will register. As soon as I get my yearly invitation mail.
[19:52] <Matthias_Kupfer> Colin just try anyway, what could possibly happen?
[19:52] <Daniel_Reimer> Clin, the site seems to be still alive though...
[19:52] <Colin_Finck> yeah, we could try
[19:52] <Daniel_Reimer> Colin I mean
[19:53] <Colin_Finck> who's joining though?
[19:53] <Daniel_Reimer> A question we should throw into town square.
[19:53] <Colin_Finck> yep
[19:54] <Mark_Jansen> and ros-dev?
[19:54] <Daniel_Reimer> Likely I wont be able to make it.
[19:54] <Daniel_Reimer> sure
[19:54] <Colin_Finck> I think it's too late for talking days about that on ros-dev
[19:54] <Daniel_Reimer> and the discord maybe too
[19:54] <Matthias_Kupfer> me to, maybe I can rearrange some things
[19:55] <Colin_Finck> let's see if we can get some quick reaction from people over Mattermost / Discord / whatever
[19:55] <Colin_Finck> for completeness: ReactOS Deutschland e.V. definitely has the funds to cover travel expenses for some members again - as we did the previous years (when FOSDEM was still a physical conference)
[19:56] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay so we will have at least two events in 2023 maybe we can increase that in 2024, but we have to consider the world situation which is apart from pandemic a little tough
[19:56] <Daniel_Reimer> I asked in discord btw.
[19:56] <Matthias_Kupfer> Is Timo still active?
[19:57] <Mark_Jansen> On and off
[19:57] <Colin_Finck> yes, he committed this morning
[19:57] <Matthias_Kupfer> He was working on x86-64 lately
[19:58] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay, so any other plans for next year?
[19:58] <Matthias_Kupfer> any plans for google summer of code or things like that?
[19:59] <Colin_Finck> Not from my side. I'll be mostly "keeping the lights on" regarding our infrastructure and ReactOS Deutschland e.V., and maybe attend 1-2 open-source conferences, but that's it basically
[19:59] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay, do we currently have contracted work?
[19:59] <Colin_Finck> We also have no paid developers working for us right now
[19:59] <Colin_Finck> neither contracted freelancers nor students financed via a scholarship
[20:00] <Daniel_Reimer> So we should remind the ppl that this is still possible...
[20:00] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay, with respect to our account we can offer such things
[20:00] <Mark_Jansen> I think there was interest from Oleg
[20:00] <Colin_Finck> Funds are there, but no qualified candidates
[20:00] <Colin_Finck> Mark_Jansen: Yes, a while ago, and I was open to that, but got no further information since then
[20:00] <Daniel_Reimer> Yeah right, Oleg once told me about his interest, too
[20:00] <Colin_Finck> at least, he didn't reach out to me to discuss this further
[20:01] <Daniel_Reimer> I will remind him.
[20:01] <Mark_Jansen> heh, I was going to suggest this
[20:01] <Mark_Jansen> but that works too
[20:02] <Daniel_Reimer> Too late, PMed him already ^^
[20:02] <Matthias_Kupfer> I'm thinking about a come back, because I found some bugs/glitches/issues and know how to fix that
[20:02] <Mark_Jansen> nice
[20:02] <Matthias_Kupfer> but I need some help with the recent infrastructure
[20:02] <Daniel_Reimer> Great news
[20:02] <Matthias_Kupfer> just minor things
[20:03] <Mark_Jansen> In discord and in mattermost are almost always a few people willing to help :)
[20:03] <Matthias_Kupfer> Can you believe it, we cannot set the time accordingly during DST?
[20:03] <Matthias_Kupfer> anyway
[20:03] <Colin_Finck> Regarding Google Summer of Code 2023, let's talk again in January/February - when we can apply and people know their schedules better
[20:03] <Colin_Finck> This year's GSoC was not so successful
[20:03] <Matthias_Kupfer> any further suggestions regarding paid development
[20:04] <Colin_Finck> only a single student was selected, and that one didn't pass
[20:04] <Colin_Finck> we also lacked time for mentoring
[20:04] <Matthias_Kupfer> that's a pity
[20:05] <Daniel_Reimer> I don't know if it's a good idea to mention the paid work possibility in public... or if we should keep it semi closed in our community...
[20:05] <Colin_Finck> and after the entire program already started, Victor was excluded from participating as an org admin - for US embargo reasons
[20:05] <Daniel_Reimer> What do you think?
[20:05] <Mark_Jansen> We let go of the requirement of having one commit in, and it bit us....
[20:05] <Mark_Jansen> Announcing this in public is fine, we even have (had?) it on the website
[20:05] <Colin_Finck> Mark_Jansen: It was a mistake
[20:06] <Mark_Jansen> have
[20:06] <Mark_Jansen> <https://reactos.org/contributing/#paid-jobs>
[20:06] <Colin_Finck> literally, someone gave the OK for that candidate thinking he already had a commit in - when that wasn't the case
[20:06] <Mark_Jansen> Oh, ok.
[20:06] <Colin_Finck> anyway, that was this year

[20:07] <Colin_Finck> let's look forward into 2023 :)
[20:07] <Mark_Jansen> I will check to see if I can come to fosdem, but no promises yet
[20:07] <Daniel_Reimer> YES. Things are progressing. Not too fast, but things are getting better every day!
[20:07] <Matthias_Kupfer> I'm not sure if we can go to the final official point
[20:08] <Matthias_Kupfer> Are there any address changes?
[20:08] <Daniel_Reimer> No
[20:08] <Mark_Jansen> No
[20:08] <Colin_Finck> No
[20:08] <Thomas_Faber> Possibly? Not sure when I last gave an update haha
[20:09] <Matthias_Kupfer> please pass it to Colin (in private message)
[20:09] <Thomas_Faber> Will do
[20:09] <Matthias_Kupfer> Amine_Khalidi: anything from your side?
[20:09] <Amine_Khalidi> nope
[20:09] <Matthias_Kupfer> Okay, are there any questions?
[20:10] <Mark_Jansen> Not from me.
[20:10] <Amine_Khalidi> (not from me either)
[20:11] <Matthias_Kupfer> If not we have successfully passed the official part and all necessary decisions have to be made
[20:11] <Matthias_Kupfer> Thank you for your time!
[20:11] <Mark_Jansen> Thanks for keeping this ship sailing!
[20:11] <Matthias_Kupfer> We will see/read you next year at latest
[20:11] <Amine_Khalidi> it was great seeing you all :)
[20:12] <Daniel_Reimer> Yeah, or earlier ^^
[20:12] <Colin_Finck> Yep, thanks for making it here today! Looking forward to see everyone in person again
[20:14] <Matthias_Kupfer> so I wish you a good evening
[20:15] <Daniel_Reimer> Yeah, see you.
[20:15] <Matthias_Kupfer> I think that's all for today
[20:15] Daniel_Reimer has quit the server (End of file)
[20:15] <Amine_Khalidi> bye everyone!
[20:16] <Mark_Jansen> o/
[20:16] Thomas_Faber has quit the server (End of file)
[20:16] Amine_Khalidi has quit the server (Quit)
[20:16] Mark_Jansen has quit the server (Quit)
[20:17] <Colin_Finck> shutting down the IRC server now



ReactOS Deutschland e.V.

Am Bach 11
33378 Rheda-Wiedenbrück, Germany
deutschland@reactos.org

Annual Report 2021

As stipulated in the Articles of Association of ReactOS Deutschland e.V., the Annual Report gives an overview of the work of the Association in the year 2021. It is divided into Activities, Outlook, and Finances. The primary purpose of the Association lies in the support of the ReactOS Project. In 2021, the main tasks were:

- Presenting the project at virtual events
- Enabling paid development for qualified ReactOS developers
- Organizing the participation in Google Summer of Code

Activities

The following annual activities, which directly contribute to the Association's purpose, are not presented in detail. These were in particular:

- Continued development on the operating system ReactOS and related components (like RosBE), also by non-members
- Receiving donations and managing the collected funds
- Accounting and managing the members

Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the beginning of 2021, the FOSDEM open-source exhibition could only take place virtually. Nevertheless, members of the Association and the project participated in the event and presented the current progress of ReactOS development. The situation was similar in March 2021, when members attended the virtual Chemnitzer Linux-Tage.

Both exhibitions offered a totally different experience due to the lack of personal face-to-face encounters. However, the elimination of travel and space constraints also allowed significantly more visitors and exhibitors to participate. This especially includes people, who previously never had a chance to attend one of these events. As a result, the presentation of the ReactOS Project offered many more live demos of the operating system over the event days. Without any travel and advertisement costs, the budget of ReactOS Deutschland e.V. was conserved in 2021, making these funds available for the upcoming years.

The experienced freelancers hired by ReactOS Deutschland e.V. in 2020 continued their paid development on the project in 2021. Up to March, One of them contributed significant improvements to the PnP kernel subsystem and the APIC HAL, while another one extended the Kernel Memory Manager up to August. These developments were very cost-

intensive to the Association, but could be financed via an equally big willingness to donate by our supporters.

In that regard, the Association experienced a special surprise in October 2021. To celebrate the 30-year anniversary of the Linux operating system, the German company B1 Systems GmbH offered a donation sum of 30,000 € for non-profit and open-source projects. Related projects could apply to that until 4th October and an open voting took place from 5th to 19th October. Thanks to the dedicated ReactOS community, ReactOS Deutschland e.V. didn't just make it to the winner's podium, but even to the 1st place, resulting in a donation of 1,890 €. This is even more remarkable considering that ReactOS is an open-source project that is hardly linked to the 30-year anniversary of the Linux operating system. Special thanks go out to our supporters for this extraordinary result!

The ReactOS Project again took place in the annual Google Summer of Code event in 2021. However, only one out of two mentored students completed their project successfully. As there was also no physical Mentor Summit this year for obvious reasons, the total payout by Google was lower again.

Outlook

As every year, ReactOS Deutschland e.V. plans to continue supporting the ReactOS Project organizationally and financially in 2022. Just like last year, the ongoing unprecedented situation makes it hard to estimate, which ideas can actually be followed.

It can be expected that members of the Association and the project will participate again in virtual open-source events and present the current progress in ReactOS development. ReactOS Deutschland e.V. will support these endeavors whenever its help is required.

Finances

Incomes

Donations	33,265.25 €
Google Summer of Code Student Mentoring	662.01 €
Sale of Merchandising	76.43 €

Expenses

Specific Research and Development Activities (aka "Developer Contracts")	36,861.40 €
Infrastructure costs (Servers)	2,106.24 €
Infrastructure costs (Domains)	156.29 €
Bank fees	5.57 €
Shipping costs	1.60 €

Totals

Total incomes	34,003.69 €
Total expenses	39,131.10 €
Reserves from 2020	46,453.23 €
Balance on 2021-12-31	41,325.82 €

Reduction of reserves

The Annual Report 2018 allocated several reserves for the years 2019 to 2021. Now that 2021 has ended, we can give a summary about the development of these reserves.

As the reserves are tied to specific purposes and meant to be spent in a timely manner between 2019 and 2021, it was preferable to reduce the reserves within these years.

At the end of 2021, the reserves look as follows:

Scholarships and other forms of paid development

Reserve of 2018:	23,484.00 €
Remaining reserve on 2021-12-31:	0.00 €

Advertisement costs

Reserve of 2018:	5,000.00 €
Remaining reserve on 2021-12-31:	4,260.63 €

Investments in server infrastructure

Reserve of 2018:	3,000.00 €
Remaining reserve on 2021-12-31:	0.00 €

Legal consultation

Reserve of 2018:	3,000.00 €
Remaining reserve on 2021-12-31:	2,678.70 €

Periodically recurring infrastructure expenses

Reserve of 2018:	2,192.00 €
Remaining reserve on 2021-12-31:	0.00 €

Organization and travel expenses of ReactOS Hackfests

Reserve of 2018:	2,000.00 €
Remaining reserve on 2021-12-31:	0.00 €

Travel expenses for Open-Source exhibitions

Reserve of 2018:	1,600.00 €
Remaining reserve on 2021-12-31:	1,000.00 €

This proves that nearly all reserves were used up in a timely manner. In particular, multiple scholarships and other forms of paid development took place between 2019 and 2021, depleting the related reserves and even far exceeding their volume.

An exception are the reserves for advertisement costs and travel expenses to open-source exhibitions. Due to the worldwide Covid-19 pandemic and the resulting cancellation of many events, among them the (physically happening) Chemnitzer Linux-Tage in 2020 and 2021, the reserved funds for these purposes could not be used up in a timely manner. However, it can be expected that the return of these events also leads to the use of the respective reserves.

Due to the low demand for legal consultations from 2019 to 2021, the reserve for this purpose also continues to exist.

Matthias Kupfer (President of the Board)
Daniel Reimer (Vice President)
Colin Finck (Board Member/Treasurer)