

# Minutes of the General Assembly on 16<sup>th</sup> December, 2021

Minute taker: Colin Finck



**ReactOS Deutschland e.V.**

Am Bach 11  
33378 Rheda-Wiedenbrück, Germany  
deutschland@reactos.org

The General Assembly of the Association “ReactOS Deutschland e.V.” took place in the internet (TLS-secured IRC server) on 16<sup>th</sup> December, 2021 at 20:00 (local German time).

## Attendant members

- Matthias Kupfer (President of the Association)
- Daniel Reimer (Vice President of the Association)
- Colin Finck (Treasurer)
- Mark Jansen
- Amine Khaldi

## Summary of the decisions

- The Board has been discharged of its responsibilities.
- §7.1 and §7.2 of the Articles of Association have been changed to reduce the Board to three persons, removing the second Vice President.
- Matthias Kupfer, Daniel Reimer, and Colin Finck have been elected as Board members, each with 5 “Yes” votes, 0 “No” votes, and no abstentions. They will serve as President (Matthias Kupfer), Vice President (Daniel Reimer), and Treasurer (Colin Finck).
- Due to the ongoing pandemic situation, ReactOS Deutschland e.V. seeks to continue the same activities as 2021, but otherwise keep a low profile for 2022.
- Given that ReactOS is an open-source project and due to our lack of training capacities, it was decided that freelancers applying for a contracted (paid) position need to have contributed to ReactOS before they can even be considered for such a position.  
It was already handled this way for scholarships, and de-facto also for freelancers. But this is the first time that a definite decision was made.
- Future contracts with freelancers will require daily documentation via time sheets again. Time sheets need to be complete for a month before any payout happens. This is a reaction to a contract that ended abruptly without any explanation.

The original wordings of all attendant members can be read in the attached IRC Log.

Aachen, 16<sup>th</sup> December, 2021

For the correctness of the minutes

(signed Colin Finck)  
(Minute taker)

(signed Matthias Kupfer)  
(President)

**Attachments**

- Automatically created IRC Log of the General Assembly
- Annual Report 2020

# Automatically created IRC Log of the General Assembly

**Notice:** The time is given in UTC. For getting the German time on that day, add one hour.

[12:21] LogBot has joined #generalassembly with voice status  
[12:21] VoteBot has joined #generalassembly with voice status  
[12:22] Colin\_Finck has joined #generalassembly with voice status  
[12:47] Mark\_Jansen has joined #generalassembly with voice status  
[12:48] <Mark\_Jansen> Just dropping my bnc in here already :)  
[17:12] Daniel\_Reimer has joined #generalassembly with voice status  
[18:37] Matthias\_Kupfer has joined #generalassembly with voice status  
[18:42] Amine\_Khalidi has joined #generalassembly with voice status  
[18:43] <Amine\_Khalidi> Hi everyone!  
[18:43] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Hello  
[18:46] <Daniel\_Reimer> Hi  
[18:49] <Mark\_Jansen> hi  
[18:58] <Colin\_Finck> Hey everyone!  
[19:01] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Hello everyone, thank you for attending our annual general assembly  
[19:01] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Let's start with the official part  
[19:02] <Matthias\_Kupfer> As long as the invitation was within the right period, so that we are able to make decisions today  
[19:02] <Matthias\_Kupfer> nevertheless a lot of members are missing today  
[19:03] <Matthias\_Kupfer> First of all - according to our agenda - has everyone read our annual report for 2020 and are there any questions?  
[19:03] <Daniel\_Reimer> Yes  
[19:03] <Mark\_Jansen> No questions from me.  
[19:03] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Daniel\_Reimer: Yes for read and I assume no questions, right?  
[19:04] <Amine\_Khalidi> (no questions from me either)  
[19:04] <Daniel\_Reimer> Oh, sorry, overread the part, no questions, too  
[19:05] <Matthias\_Kupfer> okay, so we are still stuck in a pandemic situation for almost two years, so I think we will not continue  
[19:05] <Colin\_Finck> Not continue?  
[19:05] <Matthias\_Kupfer> with usual activities like fairs, events or similar in near future, at least not in real life  
[19:05] <Colin\_Finck> Ah, yes  
[19:05] <Daniel\_Reimer> Oh, I was a lil shocked already  
[19:06] <Colin\_Finck> probably going to be as difficult in 2022 as it was in 2020 and 2021  
[19:06] <Matthias\_Kupfer> pleas give me some time, I'm acutally typing (as fast as I can)  
[19:06] <Daniel\_Reimer> I already put on registration for CLT, online as this year, but I will try to attend  
[19:06] <Matthias\_Kupfer> I will attend to CLT too, it's online again, so we can help out each other  
[19:07] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Please let's discuss activities later, let's do the official part according agenda first  
[19:07] <Mark\_Jansen> yes  
[19:07] <Matthias\_Kupfer> No we have to move to the second point: Discharging the board  
[19:08] <Matthias\_Kupfer> This actually means you two have to decide, because only 2 votes will count  
[19:08] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Are there any questions about this? Colin\_Finck can you please prepare the VoteBot for this?  
[19:09] <Colin\_Finck> Yes, I will  
[19:09] <Colin\_Finck> Same procedure as every year :)  
[19:09] <Daniel\_Reimer> Right, so no question here, too ^^  
[19:09] <VoteBot> Colin\_Finck has set up a vote and I'm asking all participating members in private messages now.  
[19:09] <VoteBot> Excluded from voting:  
[19:09] <VoteBot> Colin\_Finck  
[19:09] <VoteBot> Daniel\_Reimer  
[19:09] <VoteBot> Matthias\_Kupfer  
[19:10] <VoteBot> The vote is over. Here are the results!  
[19:10] <VoteBot> Question: Do you agree with discharging the responsibilities of the Board? (in German: "Sprechen Sie dem Vorstand Entlastung aus?")  
[19:10] <VoteBot> Answers:  
[19:10] <VoteBot> Abstention - 0 votes  
[19:10] <VoteBot> Yes - 2 votes  
[19:10] <VoteBot> No - 0 votes  
[19:10] <VoteBot> Total number of votes: 2  
[19:10] <Daniel\_Reimer> Thanks :D  
[19:10] <Colin\_Finck> Thank you!  
[19:10] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Thank you for your votes, I have never thought, but this time it's actually true: "Every vote counts."  
[19:11] <Colin\_Finck> :)  
[19:11] <Daniel\_Reimer> Literally :D  
[19:11] <Matthias\_Kupfer> So, after 3 more years we have to (re)elect the board  
[19:12] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Amine\_Khalidi or Mark\_Jansen, what do you think about the board positions, any suggestions?  
[19:12] <Mark\_Jansen> I'd say keep it as-is  
[19:12] <Amine\_Khalidi> if you guys would kindly stand for re-election, I would be in favor of it  
[19:12] <Amine\_Khalidi> +1  
[19:13] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Okay, I take this that way, that non of you are running for any position of the board.  
[19:13] <Mark\_Jansen> Indeed, I am not running for a position on the board.  
[19:13] <Colin\_Finck> As you probably know, Pierre is no longer active in the ReactOS Project. Hence, it's no surprise that he isn't here today.  
[19:14] <Mark\_Jansen> yes :(  
[19:14] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Which eventually leads to the question, of at least all present board members are willing to continue a job in a board position  
[19:14] <Matthias\_Kupfer> For the sake of ongoing activities, I'm willing to do so, how about you guys  
[19:14] <Daniel\_Reimer> I can still be the placeholder if you ask me to do that. So I am open to fill my former position again  
[19:15] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Colin\_Finck: you too?  
[19:15] <Colin\_Finck> Yes, I would run for a Board position again  
[19:15] <Colin\_Finck> However, Pierre is actually our 4th Board member as per the election in 2018.  
[19:15] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Okay, this means we have 3 people running for the board positions, which are one less then before  
[19:16] <Matthias\_Kupfer> This leads to the next question, we have to change our articles again to reduce the board members to 3 (like before the last election)  
[19:17] <Mark\_Jansen> Can the articles be written so that 3 and 4 are allowed?  
[19:17] <Daniel\_Reimer> Something like at least 3 and up to ... x?  
[19:17] <Mark\_Jansen> for example  
[19:17] <Matthias\_Kupfer> According to all statements, this implies that we have to change our articles accordingly  
[19:18] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Okay, we are not sure if the court will accept this, but we can vote for both and elect thre for today, so the upcoming board will be able to fix this according the court requirements  
[19:18] <Matthias\_Kupfer> What do you think about that?  
[19:18] <Daniel\_Reimer> Doorbell.. sec  
[19:18] <Colin\_Finck> Changing the articles according to the actual number of Board members is not harder than electing a new person on the Board. Both things need to go through the same bureaucratic processes.  
[19:19] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Colin\_Finck: means?  
[19:19] <Matthias\_Kupfer> you prefer a fixed number?  
[19:19] <Colin\_Finck> So I wouldn't want to challenge the established convention of defining a fixed number of Board positions in the articles.  
[19:19] <Daniel\_Reimer> Back, sorry

[19:20] <Mark\_Jansen> ok, if that works better for you then let's go with that  
[19:20] <Colin\_Finck> Took us a long time to get the very first version of the articles accepted. And we had to debate on details at that time.  
[19:21] <Daniel\_Reimer> The less base for unwanted discussion, the better.  
[19:21] <Matthias\_Kupfer> okay, so then lets start with changing our articles to reduce the board memebtrs from 4 to 3, means the second vice president will be removed  
[19:21] <Colin\_Finck> Ok  
[19:21] <Colin\_Finck> I can set up a vote for that  
[19:22] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Colin please setup the Votebot, I think all can Vote for this change  
[19:22] <VoteBot> Colin\_Finck has set up a vote and I'm asking all participating members in private messages now.  
[19:23] <VoteBot> The vote is over. Here are the results!  
[19:23] <VoteBot> Question: Do you agree with reducing the Board to three persons by changing §7.1 of the Articles of Association from "four persons" to "three persons" and §7.2 from "two Vice Presidents" to "a Vice President"? (in German: Stimmen Sie der Verkleinerung des Vorstands auf drei Personen durch Änderung von §7.1 der Satzung von "vier Personen" auf "drei Personen" und gleichzeitiger Änderung von §7.2 von "zwei Stellvertreter" auf "einen Stellvertreter" zu?)  
[19:23] <VoteBot> Answers:  
[19:23] <VoteBot> Abstention - 0 votes  
[19:23] <VoteBot> Yes - 5 votes  
[19:23] <VoteBot> No - 0 votes  
[19:23] <VoteBot> Total number of votes: 5  
[19:23] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Okay, thanks, so that change has been approved :-)  
[19:24] <Matthias\_Kupfer> According to our new articles (less than a minute old) we can now continue with the board election itself  
[19:24] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Are there any questions so far?  
[19:24] <Colin\_Finck> Nope  
[19:24] <Daniel\_Reimer> no  
[19:24] <Colin\_Finck> :)  
[19:24] <Mark\_Jansen> no  
[19:24] <Amine\_Khalidi> nope  
[19:25] <Matthias\_Kupfer> okay, please Colin, start our voting process (I actually can't rmember, we vote for the board not for certain positions, right?)  
[19:26] <Colin\_Finck> Matthias\_Kupfer: Right, we vote people into the Board, and when all votes are cast, the elected Board members decide on the positions.  
[19:26] <Colin\_Finck> This is how it's written in our articles again :)  
[19:26] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Okay, so please setup that election process  
[19:26] <Colin\_Finck> Let's begin with you Matthias  
[19:27] <VoteBot> Colin\_Finck has set up a vote and I'm asking all participating members in private messages now.  
[19:27] <VoteBot> The vote is over. Here are the results!  
[19:27] <VoteBot> Question: Do you agree with electing Matthias Kupfer into the Board? (in German: Stimmen Sie für die Wahl von Matthias Kupfer zum Vorstandsmitglied?)  
[19:27] <VoteBot> Answers:  
[19:27] <VoteBot> Abstention - 0 votes  
[19:27] <VoteBot> Yes - 5 votes  
[19:27] <VoteBot> No - 0 votes  
[19:27] <VoteBot> Total number of votes: 5  
[19:27] <Colin\_Finck> Congratulations! :)  
[19:27] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Thank you all, now lets continue with the second board position  
[19:28] <VoteBot> Colin\_Finck has set up a vote and I'm asking all participating members in private messages now.  
[19:28] <VoteBot> The vote is over. Here are the results!  
[19:28] <VoteBot> Question: Do you agree with electing Daniel Reimer into the Board? (in German: Stimmen Sie für die Wahl von Daniel Reimer zum Vorstandsmitglied?)  
[19:28] <VoteBot> Answers:  
[19:28] <VoteBot> Abstention - 0 votes  
[19:28] <VoteBot> Yes - 5 votes  
[19:28] <VoteBot> No - 0 votes  
[19:28] <VoteBot> Total number of votes: 5  
[19:28] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Congratulations!  
[19:28] <Colin\_Finck> congrats Daniel!  
[19:28] <Daniel\_Reimer> thank you guys ^^  
[19:28] <Matthias\_Kupfer> so, now last but not least  
[19:28] <VoteBot> Colin\_Finck has set up a vote and I'm asking all participating members in private messages now.  
[19:29] <VoteBot> The vote is over. Here are the results!  
[19:29] <VoteBot> Question: Do you agree with electing Colin Finck into the Board? (in German: Stimmen Sie für die Wahl von Colin Finck zum Vorstandsmitglied?)  
[19:29] <VoteBot> Answers:  
[19:29] <VoteBot> Abstention - 0 votes  
[19:29] <VoteBot> Yes - 5 votes  
[19:29] <VoteBot> No - 0 votes  
[19:29] <VoteBot> Total number of votes: 5  
[19:29] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Congratulations!  
[19:29] <Colin\_Finck> Thank you very much :)  
[19:29] <Mark\_Jansen> Congrats all :)  
[19:29] <Amine\_Khalidi> :)  
[19:29] <Daniel\_Reimer> :D  
[19:29] <Matthias\_Kupfer> That was very quick!  
[19:29] <Daniel\_Reimer> its called efficient ^^  
[19:29] <Colin\_Finck> Yeah, the General Assemblies have always been more efficient than any other ReactOS meeting :D  
[19:30] <Matthias\_Kupfer> As all designated old and new board members have stated before, we will keep the board positions, okay?  
[19:30] <Daniel\_Reimer> yes  
[19:30] <Colin\_Finck> Yes, I would continue as treasurer  
[19:30] <Mark\_Jansen> yes  
[19:31] <Matthias\_Kupfer> okay, so elections: check  
[19:31] <Matthias\_Kupfer> So, now for upcoming events, I think we should participate online events like we would particiapte real life events  
[19:32] <Daniel\_Reimer> Yes, the events always are a nice way to promote the project  
[19:32] <Matthias\_Kupfer> due to the world wide situation, I would recommend to avoid any events with real life contact at least for the next 6 mounths for safety reasons  
[19:33] <Matthias\_Kupfer> I mean planned events, I personally doubt any fast changes which lead to the (surprising) end of the pandemic situations at least here in germany  
[19:34] <Daniel\_Reimer> Me neither. Lets hopw (like last year) that things get back to normal soon  
[19:34] <Colin\_Finck> Anybody going to rC3 (Remote Chaos Experience) at the end of this month?  
[19:34] <Matthias\_Kupfer> So, are there any planned online events so far? CLT online, what else?  
[19:34] <Matthias\_Kupfer> I have no such plans  
[19:34] <Colin\_Finck> They use the same virtual world software as CLT for their event :D  
[19:34] <Daniel\_Reimer> What about FOSDEM? Did not check yet tbh  
[19:35] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Colin\_Finck: do you mean bigbluebutton or workadventure?  
[19:35] <Colin\_Finck> Daniel\_Reimer: FOSDEM also takes place virtually on 5 & 6 February  
[19:35] <Colin\_Finck> Matthias\_Kupfer: WorkAdventure  
[19:36] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Okay, but to be feair Workadvanture was a nice gimmick beside the regualr lecture platform bigbluebutton for sicoalising  
[19:36] <Matthias\_Kupfer> \*socialising  
[19:36] <Daniel\_Reimer> I first thought it will be more of a goodie, but it worked VERY well!

[19:37] <Matthias\_Kupfer> I'm afraid that online events are easier to attend, but not that effective

[19:37] <Matthias\_Kupfer> We need a prepared set of slides and/or some videos

[19:37] <Daniel\_Reimer> People were able to make me hold my presentation in something similar to english.

[19:37] <Colin\_Finck> I could only take part in one real Chaos Communication Congress a few years ago. But even though a virtual event is not the same as a physical one, r3c makes it possible to attend a congress from home :)

[19:38] <Matthias\_Kupfer> okay, for now let's stick with CLT next year, maybe fosdem, if you, Colin, attend r3c you mean as visitor, right?

[19:38] <Colin\_Finck> yeah

[19:39] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Are there any plans to participate at Google Summer of Code again?

[19:39] <Daniel\_Reimer> Good question... Likely yes.

[19:40] <Colin\_Finck> depends on whether we find enough mentors

[19:40] <Daniel\_Reimer> exactly

[19:40] <Colin\_Finck> and it becomes harder and harder to find candidates that deliver useful work \*and\* stay with the project afterwards

[19:40] <Colin\_Finck> considering that we also have a new ReactOS release in the pipeline, let's get that done first and sort things out one by one after that

[19:41] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Okay, so I would say, let's keep a low profile for the next year, and when it's going back to normal we can restart our activities

[19:41] <Colin\_Finck> fair enough

[19:41] <Matthias\_Kupfer> We have to clean up our foundation names and maybe we have to acquire new members to keep the magic number of 7

[19:41] <Matthias\_Kupfer> \*names

[19:42] <Colin\_Finck> I think there are a few ReactOS contributors we could ask indeed

[19:42] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Not today, but maybe for the agenda for next year

[19:42] <Daniel\_Reimer> Oh yes, I already have a few ideas

[19:43] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Otherwise we will get in trouble for an upcoming election with just one voter, this will be hard to explain to the court

[19:43] <Matthias\_Kupfer> So, we can move on to the next topic?

[19:43] <Colin\_Finck> yes

[19:45] <Matthias\_Kupfer> So, according to the agenda we have to talk about our future activities for paid development

[19:46] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Let me start with an offer we have got recently by a (presumably) italian developer residing in germany

[19:46] <Matthias\_Kupfer> I've already warned him about our financial possibilities and he wrote some days ago, he will look into it first before any start

[19:47] <Matthias\_Kupfer> So, I would think any paid developer has to contribute to the project before get paid for certain jobs to prove the skills and capabilities

[19:47] <Matthias\_Kupfer> do you agree?

[19:48] <Mark\_Jansen> indeed

[19:48] <Colin\_Finck> Absolutely. We hardly have time and money for training people, so they need to have proven themselves first.

[19:49] <Matthias\_Kupfer> I told him, I will discuss this in our general assembly and finally get back to him with a basic rule of thumb for new developers we don't know.

[19:49] <Daniel\_Reimer> Some people learn fast, we see that every GSoC, but yes... we need some guarantees

[19:49] <Mark\_Jansen> Even for gsoc students we asked for a PR showing their knowledge upfront

[19:49] <Colin\_Finck> And we're still an open-source project after all. We have some options for paid development, but other than that, people work on ReactOS in their free time

[19:50] <Daniel\_Reimer> Hmm, right Mark...

[19:50] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Okay, so I will write him that basic principles and so if he contributes some stuff we will notice that and can base on that experience

[19:50] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Amine\_Khalidi: do you agree?

[19:50] <Amine\_Khalidi> definitely

[19:51] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Okay, any further ideas or points according paid development, may I missed something?

[19:51] <Matthias\_Kupfer> \*maybe

[19:52] <Daniel\_Reimer> Offering it to our current devs maybe? Some asked us, but maybe some won't ask by themselves. Most have a job and no time, but in general... it could be a way to go

[19:52] <Mark\_Jansen> it has always been an option for our current devs, but indeed they have to initiate it

[19:52] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Colin what do you think?

[19:53] <Matthias\_Kupfer> I would offer that as an option, if anyone has a good idea or concept or needs to fill any gap in personal professional life

[19:53] <Colin\_Finck> I have the feeling it was a very good option during the first months of the pandemic. Some people's plans for the future were suddenly crossed and we could offer contracted work at that time.

[19:54] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Okay, but if we offer something, we should clarify that the offers is addressed to well known people with significant contributions in past

[19:55] <Colin\_Finck> However, always keep in mind that this is not a job with classic job security, but a simple contract.

[19:55] <Matthias\_Kupfer> I don't want to attract unknown people, who thinks they can make money easy and simple

[19:55] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Yes, it's just on contract basis, like self-employed

[19:56] <Matthias\_Kupfer> (sorry for the typos and my bad english today, I'm wondering myself)

[19:56] <Daniel\_Reimer> No problem. We understand you :D

[19:56] <Mark\_Jansen> No worries, It's still understandable :)

[19:57] <Colin\_Finck> Our contracts have been set up in 3 month periods previously

[19:57] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Okay, do we have to setup something regarding paid work?

[19:57] <Colin\_Finck> and we extended them by another 3 months later on

[19:57] <Colin\_Finck> if both sides were fine

[19:58] <Colin\_Finck> however, even with that basic planning, contracts still feel like they end abruptly

[19:58] <Matthias\_Kupfer> It eventually went fine, right?

[19:59] <Colin\_Finck> for example, I asked our last contractor to write a blog post/documentation on his Memory Manager work when he was done

[19:59] <Colin\_Finck> unfortunately, that hasn't happened until today

[19:59] <Colin\_Finck> and he is no longer contracted by now

[20:00] <Colin\_Finck> without documentation, it's harder for the next developer to dig into his code and continue where he stopped

[20:00] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Ah okay, I was not aware of that, we had a discussion about that, because he was unavailable for some time and did not respond

[20:00] <Matthias\_Kupfer> So we have to track that

[20:00] <Colin\_Finck> he did respond in the end, finished much of his code work, but not the blog post unfortunately

[20:01] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Was it part of the contract?

[20:01] <Colin\_Finck> yeah, if anyone has an idea on how to improve here, please tell

[20:01] <Mark\_Jansen> Making it part of the contract?

[20:02] <Daniel\_Reimer> Some kind of Specification book (said the german guy ^^)

[20:02] <Colin\_Finck> Matthias\_Kupfer: It was planned for the last month

[20:02] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Hm, that's bad

[20:02] <Colin\_Finck> The payout for the last month has therefore been held back until the blog post/documentation is finished

[20:02] <Colin\_Finck> I don't want to call out names here. That doesn't help.

[20:02] <Daniel\_Reimer> So the money is still on hold?

[20:03] <Matthias\_Kupfer> okay, so at least no financial impact

[20:03] <Mark\_Jansen> That seems fair.

[20:03] <Colin\_Finck> Daniel\_Reimer: Yes. If he ever finishes the tasks for the last month, he may still get the final payout.

[20:04] <Colin\_Finck> But I don't expect this to happen.

[20:04] <Daniel\_Reimer> I hope he knows why the money is not showing up. Otherwise it's fair that way

[20:04] <Matthias\_Kupfer> I doubt that will ever happen

[20:04] <Colin\_Finck> Yes, I told him by mail. Anyway, we can only try to understand what happened here and try to improve for the next time.

[20:04] <Colin\_Finck> I guess, as he knew that his contract would end, he was busy finding a new employment in the last month.

[20:05] <Matthias\_Kupfer> I agree, but do we need to decide, setup anything for that topic right now?

[20:05] <Colin\_Finck> Hence, we should better make documentation mandatory throughout the entire contract, like we already do for GSoC students.

[20:05] <Colin\_Finck> Asking for it at the very end can lead to situations like this.

[20:06] <Mark\_Jansen> It might make sense to contact him again asking why he did not complete it?

[20:06] <Mark\_Jansen> so we can learn from that  
[20:06] <Colin\_Finck> Mark\_Jansen: Yes, probably after 0.4.14  
[20:06] <Mark\_Jansen> :+1:  
[20:06] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Okay, I work self-employed myself, and I can say the we are used to provide time sheets with a list of actions on a daily basis  
[20:06] <Colin\_Finck> His Memory Manager work needs to be stabilized for a future "ReactOS 0.4.15" release anyway  
[20:07] <Matthias\_Kupfer> we can add that to a contract, to check what happened, then the developer has to provide a convincing time sheet to get paid  
[20:08] <Matthias\_Kupfer> and we can cross check this with git activities, which is hard to fake ;-)  
[20:09] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Anyway we don't have to discuss this here in detail  
[20:09] <Colin\_Finck> We required those time sheets in the past, and it's probably a good idea to do that again for future contracts  
[20:10] <Matthias\_Kupfer> time sheet and git commits for cross check is the best think we can get (so far)  
[20:11] <Colin\_Finck> Alright  
[20:11] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Can we move on to the last point of the agenda?  
[20:11] <Colin\_Finck> I think so  
[20:11] <Daniel\_Reimer> yes  
[20:11] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Has anyone moved to a new residence or needs to update any contact data?  
[20:11] <Matthias\_Kupfer> No for me.  
[20:11] <Daniel\_Reimer> no  
[20:11] <Mark\_Jansen> as of januari 10th, I will be moving :)  
[20:12] <Mark\_Jansen> so that is probably something for the next one?  
[20:12] <Amine\_Khalidi> no for me  
[20:12] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Mark\_Jansen: Do you already know the new address?  
[20:12] <Mark\_Jansen> yes I do  
[20:12] <Colin\_Finck> Mark\_Jansen: congratulations! You can tell me in PM and I will update it  
[20:12] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Can you please tell the new address to Colin anyway  
[20:12] <Mark\_Jansen> Allright  
[20:13] <Matthias\_Kupfer> okay so, Colin can update his data on his own ;-)  
[20:13] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Thw we have completed the agenda for today  
[20:14] <Mark\_Jansen> ok!  
[20:14] <Daniel\_Reimer> Efficient as always ^^  
[20:14] <Matthias\_Kupfer> At the end of the ifficial part, I thank you all for you participation (thank you for your work).  
[20:14] <Matthias\_Kupfer> \*official  
[20:15] <Mark\_Jansen> Thank you all :)  
[20:15] <Daniel\_Reimer> Thanks for your work from my side, too. You are ReactOS! :D  
[20:15] <Amine\_Khalidi> thank you guys, I'm happy to see you in these crazy times and hopefully this year will finally be the end of this nightmare!  
[20:16] <Matthias\_Kupfer> Okay, so then stay safe, stay at home and stay healthy  
[20:16] <Daniel\_Reimer> Oh I would love that...  
[20:16] <Amine\_Khalidi> (this year being 2022)  
[20:16] <Colin\_Finck> Looking forward to meet each other in person again! Even if it's still some time till then  
[20:16] <Mark\_Jansen> Yeah!  
[20:17] <Daniel\_Reimer> S0me RL meeting would be great indeed... Feel like it was 10 years ago where we met last time  
[20:18] <Colin\_Finck> Alright, if there is nothing else, I would shut down the meeting IRC server now and we can continue on Mattermost.  
[20:18] <Daniel\_Reimer> Cya over there  
[20:18] <Matthias\_Kupfer> okay, bye  
[20:19] <Amine\_Khalidi> bye!  
[20:19] <Colin\_Finck> see you all! Thanks for attending!



**ReactOS Deutschland e.V.**

Am Bach 11  
33378 Rheda-Wiedenbrück, Germany  
deutschland@reactos.org

# Annual Report 2020

As stipulated in the Articles of Association of ReactOS Deutschland e.V., the Annual Report gives an overview of the work of the Association in the year 2020. It is divided into Activities, Outlook, and Finances. The primary purpose of the Association lies in the support of the ReactOS Project. In 2020, the main tasks were:

- Presenting the project at FOSDEM 2020
- Providing scholarships and contracted work to qualified ReactOS developers
- Organizing the participation in Google Summer of Code

## Activities

The following annual activities, which directly contribute to the Association's purpose, are not presented in detail. These were in particular:

- Continued development on the operating system ReactOS and related components (like RosBE), also by non-members
- Receiving donations and managing the collected funds
- Accounting and managing the members

After a break in 2019, members of the ReactOS Project travelled again to Brussels in February 2020 to present the operating system at the FOSDEM open-source exhibition. ReactOS Deutschland e.V. supported this by paying the accommodation for all 6 attending developers. It had been the first time since Hackfest 2019 that this number of ReactOS contributors met at a single place. Nobody knew back then that it should also be the last such meet-up for a long time.

With the unprecedented global Covid-19 pandemic unfolding in March, the already organized Chemnitzer Linux-Tage 2020 event was cancelled by the organizers in the last minute. The same happened to similar open-source events as well as our own plans for a ReactOS Hackfest 2020. The best we could do was deciding on a day to meet up via video conference. This happened on 7 June where several members of the project came together virtually, to talk and to get some ReactOS code work done. It should be noted that this form of meeting up enabled some people to participate, who could not make it to any open-source exhibitions in Europe previously. Therefore, this option should be considered in the future even outside of this special situation.

Although the pandemic spoiled our plans for the rest of the year, the same also happened to many other people. This led to a situation where two known and skilled freelancers

came to us and offered to work on long neglected parts of the ReactOS kernel. Thanks to our reserves from 2019, we could easily finance two developer contracts over several months. These contracts were still ongoing by the end of 2020.

As a result of that, ReactOS Deutschland e.V. spent as much money as never before on ReactOS development in 2020. This happened in line with the purposes stated in many donations, and with the Allocation of Reserves outlined in the Annual Report 2018.

What didn't change in 2020 was our participation in the annual Google Summer of Code event. Members of the ReactOS Project mentored three students this year, and all of them successfully completed their work. However, no physical Mentor Summit took place in 2020, for obvious reasons. Hence, without a travel stipend on top of the mentoring bonus, the total payout by Google was significantly lower this year.

## **Outlook**

In 2021, ReactOS Deutschland e.V. plans to continue supporting the ReactOS Project organizationally and financially. Specifically, the Association aims to continue the developer contracts issued in 2020 as long as funds allow and the freelancers deliver outstanding work.

As open-source exhibitions are not expected to return to normal again anytime soon, it is difficult to come up with a specific outlook in that regard. However, if our regularly attended open-source conferences take place as virtual events, it is very likely that ReactOS will be a part of them.



## Finances

### **Incomes**

Donations	10,678.81 €
Google Summer of Code Student Mentoring	2,059.22 €
Sale of Merchandising	23.56 €

### **Expenses**

Specific Research and Development Activities (aka "Developer Contracts")	14,108.00 €
Scholarships	4,252.00 €
Infrastructure costs (Servers)	2,038.48 €
Notary and tax consulting costs	321.30 €
Infrastructure costs (Other)	116.87 €
Infrastructure costs (Domains)	31.62 €

### **Totals**

Total incomes	12,761.59 €
Total expenses	20,868.27 €
Reserves from 2019	54,559.91 €
Balance on 2020-12-31	46,453.23 €

Matthias Kupfer (President of the Board)  
Daniel Reimer (Vice President)  
Colin Finck (Board Member/Treasurer)