

Minutes of the General Assembly on 12th November, 2016

Minute taker: Colin Finck

The General Assembly of the Association "ReactOS Deutschland e.V." took place in the internet (SSL secured IRC server) on 12th November, 2016 at 16:39 (local German time).

Attendant members:

- Matthias Kupfer (President of the Association)
- Daniel Reimer (Vice President of the Association)
- Colin Finck (Treasurer)

Summary of the decisions

As the only attendant members were Board members, the Board could not be discharged of its responsibilities. In compliance with §8.5 of the Articles of Association, the annual General Assembly was rescheduled to 14th January, 2017. In the meantime, Colin Finck is asking more project members to become active members of the Association.

The original wordings of all attendant members can be read in the attached IRC Log.

Aachen, 12th November, 2016
For the correctness of the minutes

(signed Colin Finck)
(Minute taker)

(signed Matthias Kupfer)
(President)

Attachments

- Automatically created IRC Log of the General Assembly



ReactOS Deutschland e.V.

Am Bach 11
33378 Rheda-Wiedenbrück, Germany
deutschland@reactos.org

Automatically created IRC Log of the General Assembly

Notice: The time is given in UTC. For getting the German time on that day, add one hour.

[15:39] LogBot has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[15:39] VoteBot has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[15:40] Colin_Finck has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[15:40] Daniel_Reimer has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[15:40] <Daniel_Reimer> Hi
[15:41] <Colin_Finck> Hi Daniel!
[15:42] <Daniel_Reimer> Pierre kommt nicht habe ich gehört? Wie sieht es sonst aus?
[15:42] <Colin_Finck> Let's keep this in English to let everybody read and understand the log later
[15:43] <Colin_Finck> Pierre told me, he can't make it today. Christoph probably neither
[15:43] <Colin_Finck> I hope Timo and Thomas found some time
[15:43] <Daniel_Reimer> Alright. Me too
[15:43] Matthias_Kupfer has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[15:44] <Daniel_Reimer> He committed stuff recently today at least
[15:44] <Daniel_Reimer> Hi Matthias
[15:45] <Matthias_Kupfer> even in English with German native speakers only?
[15:45] <Daniel_Reimer> For the log ^^
[15:45] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay
[15:45] <Colin_Finck> yes please, the summary will be in English, so should the IRC log be
[15:47] <Matthias_Kupfer> as long as my vocabulary lasts...
[15:47] <Daniel_Reimer> 2nded
[15:48] <Matthias_Kupfer> Does anyone know how many we have to be?
[15:49] <Daniel_Reimer> Good question...
[15:50] <Daniel_Reimer> Maybe Thomas and Timo will join, too...
[15:50] <Matthias_Kupfer> and the second thing, when do we have to make an election for the board?
[15:51] <Matthias_Kupfer> If just the board is present a discharge is impossible
[15:51] <Colin_Finck> Matthias_Kupfer: "§8 (4) Every properly summoned General Assembly has a quorum"
[15:52] <Colin_Finck> except that we cannot discharge the board ourselves of course
[15:52] <Colin_Finck> I will reach out to the other project members after this meeting. Now that 90% of our important documents are available in an English translation, it's time for them to become official active e.V. members as well
[15:53] <Colin_Finck> Matthias_Kupfer: and electing new board members will happen at the next General Assembly in 2017
[15:54] <Matthias_Kupfer> Colin_Finck: btw. I've reviewed the log of 2016 and it is fine with me
[15:55] <Colin_Finck> ok, thanks!
[15:57] <Colin_Finck> I've texted Christoph, Thomas and Timo. Let's hope they read it in time and join
[15:57] <Daniel_Reimer> OK, last time we waited for others joining to fulfil the minimum ppl taking part. I just forgot what this limit was....
[16:00] <Matthias_Kupfer> So, time is up, shall we begin now?
[16:00] <Daniel_Reimer> If we are enough... yes
[16:01] <Matthias_Kupfer> Colin quoted we are basically enough
[16:01] <Daniel_Reimer> Or does anyone think we should be more?
[16:01] <Colin_Finck> We cannot discharge the Board ourselves as Board members
[16:02] <Daniel_Reimer> Does someone has a need to do that? If someone AFK had the wish to do so, he would be here
[16:03] <Matthias_Kupfer> Colin_Finck: shall we wait for anyone for the discharge, skip the discharge or postpone the general assembly?
[16:03] <Daniel_Reimer> I am open for all three options.
[16:03] <Colin_Finck> In my opinion, we have to do what's stated in §8.5: "If the General Assembly has no quorum, an additional General Assembly with the same agenda has to be summoned within four weeks since the meeting day. The additional meeting has to take place at least two months, not later than four months after this first meeting day."
[16:04] <Colin_Finck> otherwise, we may legally act within the rules of the Articles of Association, but nevertheless the authorities will complain about the missing discharge of the Board
[16:04] <Colin_Finck> Therefore, I'm all towards postponing this meeting
[16:04] <Daniel_Reimer> And we are back @ end of december. Maybe we should try a vote for a date more ppl are here then?
[16:04] <Colin_Finck> and reaching out to the other project members to become e.V. members
[16:05] <Matthias_Kupfer> Okay, so we define due to the discharge issue we have no quorum, right?
[16:05] <Colin_Finck> yes
[16:05] <Colin_Finck> Daniel_Reimer: The new General Assembly would take place in the beginning of next year
[16:05] <Colin_Finck> "at least two months, not later than four months after this first meeting day"
[16:05] <Daniel_Reimer> Whoops, overread the two months
[16:06] <Colin_Finck> Saturday, 14st January?
[16:06] <Colin_Finck> everybody should be back from Christmas/New Year's celebrations by then :)
[16:06] <Daniel_Reimer> Then lets do it that way, postpone, and get more devs in the ship. The more we are the better it will be if one or two cant make it
[16:07] <Colin_Finck> exactly
[16:07] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay, so due to no quorum for today (at least for discharge of board) the General Assembly is postponed
[16:07] <Daniel_Reimer> Sounds good. /me notes down
[16:08] <Matthias_Kupfer> I will send a new invitation for 14th January 16:45 / 17:00
[16:08] <Colin_Finck> Matthias_Kupfer: We have four weeks to do that. Let me first send out a mail to the mailinglists to let more people join
[16:08] <Colin_Finck> then we can send out the General Assembly invitation
[16:08] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay, drop a note when you are finished
[16:09] <Colin_Finck> sure
[16:09] <Colin_Finck> while at least the Board is here, let's have a short Board meeting outside this channel
[16:09] <Daniel_Reimer> ok
[16:09] <Matthias_Kupfer> So for today that's it. Thank you for your presence anyway
[16:09] <Daniel_Reimer> Colin_Finck ev channel then?
[16:10] <Colin_Finck> yep
[16:10] <Colin_Finck> shutting down the IRC Server now
[16:10] Daniel_Reimer has left #generalassembly
[16:10] Matthias_Kupfer has left #generalassembly