

Minutes of the General Assembly on 28th June, 2014

Minute taker: Colin Finck

The General Assembly of the Association "ReactOS Deutschland e.V." took place in the internet (SSL secured IRC server) on 28th June, 2014 at 16:38 (local German time).



ReactOS Deutschland e.V.

Am Bach 11
33378 Rheda-Wiedenbrück, Germany
deutschland@reactos.org

Attendant members:

- Matthias Kupfer (President of the Association)
- Daniel Reimer (Vice President of the Association)
- Colin Finck (Treasurer)
- Thomas Faber
- Danny Götte
- Timo Kreuzer
- Pierre Schweitzer
- Christoph von Wittich (from 17:22)

Summary of the decisions

- The Board has been discharged of its responsibilities.
- All three members of the Board were reelected and keep their positions.
- A possible participation at the "Kieler Open-Source und Linux-Tage" in Kiel, Germany on 19th and 20th September has been discussed with Timo Kreuzer, Daniel Reimer and Colin Finck being interested and checking further if they can make it. Additionally, the Association tries to attend more exhibitions in the next year, with FrOSCon in Bonn, Germany being one of them.
- The Association continues to present ReactOS to universities and interested companies to spread the word about the project.
- After the successful fundraising campaign, the Association seeks to provide more scholarships and check with a tax consultant what other ways are possible for enabling paid development.

The original wordings of all attendant members can be read in the attached IRC Log.

Done at Aachen, 28th June, 2014
For the correctness of the minutes

(signed Colin Finck)
(Minute taker)

(signed Matthias Kupfer)
(President)

Attachments

- Automatically created IRC Log of the General Assembly
- Annual Report 2013

Automatically created IRC Log of the General Assembly

Notice: The time is given in UTC. For getting the German time on that day, add two hours.

```
[14:38] LogBot has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[14:38] VoteBot has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[14:39] Thomas_Faber has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[14:39] Pierre_Schweitzer has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[14:39] Colin_Finck has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[14:39] <Pierre_Schweitzer> Hoy
[14:39] <Colin_Finck> I'm surprised I'm the third one
[14:39] <Colin_Finck> :D
[14:40] <Colin_Finck> detected many German-isms in our IRC service in the last minute, so I had to tweak some things and resend an English mail
[14:40] <Colin_Finck> you certainly noticed ;)
[14:42] <Pierre_Schweitzer> Good thing Colin_Finck is that you got it working with SSL
[14:42] <Pierre_Schweitzer> We should move this to monthly meetings as well
[14:43] <Colin_Finck> it has always been working with SSL here, just always used a self-signed certificate so far
[14:43] <Colin_Finck> that was another thing I just fixed, it now uses the same *.reactos.org certificate we use throughout the website
[14:43] <Pierre_Schweitzer> I could see that yeah
[14:43] <Colin_Finck> I'm open to do that for monthly meetings as well. It's just that some IRC clients still in use don't support SSL....
[14:45] <Thomas_Faber> Fascinating... Church bells are ringing. Seems they know about the start of our meeting
[14:46] Danny_Goette has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[14:47] <Danny_Goette> hi
[14:48] <Colin_Finck> hi Danny!
[14:49] Matthias_Kupfer has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[14:51] <Pierre_Schweitzer> [16:43:48] <Colin_Finck> I'm open to do that for monthly meetings as well. It's just that some IRC clients still in use don't support SSL.... <== Really?!
[14:52] <Pierre_Schweitzer> And we can have both together, I guess?
[14:52] <Pierre_Schweitzer> I mean SSL + non-SSL?
[14:52] <Pierre_Schweitzer> Hey Danny
[14:52] <Colin_Finck> Pierre_Schweitzer: think I didn't implement that
[14:52] <Colin_Finck> would be a piece of cake
[14:52] <Colin_Finck> but..
[14:52] <Danny_Goette> was hard to find a ios client that does support ssl
[14:52] <Matthias_Kupfer> Hello everyone
[14:52] <Pierre_Schweitzer> Two listening sockets, I guess
[14:53] <Pierre_Schweitzer> Hey Matthias
[14:53] <Colin_Finck> Pierre_Schweitzer: either the meetings are public (our monthly meeting used to be), then SSL is pointless, or the meetings are confidential, then SSL should be mandatory
[14:54] <Colin_Finck> but two listening sockets are already implemented to support IPv4 and IPv6 simultaneously
[14:54] <Colin_Finck> so SSL + no-SSL can be easily possible
[14:54] <Matthias_Kupfer> Colin_Finck: I think we have to wait at least for Daniel, haven't we?
[14:54] <Colin_Finck> Matthias_Kupfer: we should
[14:54] <Colin_Finck> I'll text him
[14:56] Daniel_Reimer has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[14:56] <Daniel_Reimer> phew
[14:56] <Daniel_Reimer> Hi, sorry.
[14:56] <Colin_Finck> texting seems to work :D
[14:57] <Daniel_Reimer> You texted me?
[14:57] <Colin_Finck> just did
[14:57] <Daniel_Reimer> I was buying bbq stuff right now. Did not check the mobile yet
[14:57] <Pierre_Schweitzer> That's nice to offer us BBQ ;-p
[14:57] <Matthias_Kupfer> So let's wait the 3 minutes, otherwise we have to start once again
[14:58] <Daniel_Reimer> Feel free to join me ^^
[14:58] <Daniel_Reimer> Colin_Finck: Did not get a message
[14:58] <Matthias_Kupfer> Does anyone know, whethre or not Christoph will appear?
[14:58] <Colin_Finck> he sent me an unrelated E-Mail this morning
[14:59] <Colin_Finck> just gave him a heads-up on Skype, but no response yet
[15:00] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay, then let's start
[15:00] <Daniel_Reimer> Alright
[15:00] <Matthias_Kupfer> I welcome you to our yearly general assembly. It's the first one held in English due to our foreign members
[15:01] <Matthias_Kupfer> If there is some lag i'm looking for words in the dictionary...
[15:01] <Daniel_Reimer> Same here...
[15:01] Timo_Kreuzer has joined #generalassembly with voice status
[15:02] <Colin_Finck> oh, hi Timo, you come right in time :)
[15:02] <Timo_Kreuzer> thanks to Thomas :)
[15:02] <Matthias_Kupfer> before we start with the announced topics I would like to inform you, that the court sent me a letter and asks if the board is still in charge
[15:02] <Colin_Finck> oh?
[15:02] <Daniel_Reimer> The board?
[15:03] <Matthias_Kupfer> I reply by phoning them and it's okay if I return the results of today back, just for your information
[15:04] <Colin_Finck> ok
[15:04] <Matthias_Kupfer> so, now lets start with the planned topics
[15:04] <Matthias_Kupfer> For the annual report I would like to handover to Colin
[15:05] <Colin_Finck> well, I hope everybody has read the Annual Report I sent by E-Mail
[15:05] <Colin_Finck> link is https://ev.reactos.org/temp/Annual\_Report\_2013.pdf
[15:06] <Colin_Finck> if not, please get a short overview now as this will be the base for discharging the Board in the next step
[15:06] <Colin_Finck> if there are any questions concerning the report, don't hesitate to ask
[15:07] <Daniel_Reimer> No questions from my side
[15:07] <Matthias_Kupfer> I suggest that everyone say okay, so that we don't need to wait to long, here is my okay
[15:07] <Thomas_Faber> Okay
[15:07] <Danny_Goette> okay
[15:07] <Pierre_Schweitzer> okay
[15:07] <Colin_Finck> Timo_Kreuzer: ?
[15:08] <Timo_Kreuzer> okay
[15:08] <Colin_Finck> perfect, then we can proceed right to step 2
[15:08] <Colin_Finck> I hope that everybody knows what "discharging the responsibilities of the Board" means
[15:09] <Colin_Finck> this is directed especially at Pierre_Schweitzer, because the others already did so in the last General Assemblies
[15:09] <Pierre_Schweitzer> Yup
[15:09] <Matthias_Kupfer> fine
[15:10] <Colin_Finck> then I'll set up a vote
[15:11] <VoteBot> Colin_Finck has set up a vote and I'm asking all participating members in private messages now.
[15:11] <VoteBot> Excluded from voting:
[15:11] <VoteBot> Colin_Finck
[15:11] <VoteBot> Daniel_Reimer
```

[15:11] <VoteBot> Matthias_Kupfer

[15:12] <VoteBot> The vote is over. Here are the results!

[15:12] <VoteBot> Question: Do you agree with discharging the responsibilities of the Board? (for German authorities: "Sprechen Sie dem Vorstand Entlastung aus?")

[15:12] <VoteBot> Answers:

[15:12] <VoteBot> Abstention - 1 votes

[15:12] <VoteBot> Yes - 2 votes

[15:12] <VoteBot> No - 1 votes

[15:12] <VoteBot> Total number of votes: 4

[15:12] <Colin_Finck> to be honest, this is our first No vote here

[15:13] <Daniel_Reimer> Well, that's democracy

[15:13] <Thomas_Faber> Uh. I guess it's a majority, which is what counts

[15:13] <Matthias_Kupfer> apart from that, this means the board isn't discharged

[15:13] <Thomas_Faber> Hmm

[15:13] <Matthias_Kupfer> Abstention counts as No

[15:14] <Thomas_Faber> ah

[15:14] <Daniel_Reimer> Oh, ok

[15:14] <Timo_Kreuzer> And how do we proceed here?

[15:14] <Matthias_Kupfer> Colin_Finck: what's to do in such case?

[15:14] <Timo_Kreuzer> you're all fired ;-)

[15:15] <Daniel_Reimer> Maybe someone should have said that before

[15:15] <Daniel_Reimer> Like what happens in case of Abstention

[15:18] <Colin_Finck> well, we currently need to find out what's proposed for this case. This definitely comes as a surprise..

[15:18] <Timo_Kreuzer> maybe it was a "mistake", so we could explain it again, and redo the vote?

[15:19] <Colin_Finck> well, only if the person publicly speaks up here

[15:19] <Pierre_Schweitzer> Ah yes :-x. My mistake, I misread options

[15:19] <Pierre_Schweitzer> (hum)

[15:19] <Pierre_Schweitzer> (short night, sorry :-p)

[15:19] <Pierre_Schweitzer> Colin_Finck, properly sort your vote options :-p

[15:19] <Timo_Kreuzer> or we wait for Christoph

[15:20] <Colin_Finck> Pierre_Schweitzer: It's Abstention, Yes, No, isn't it?

[15:20] <Colin_Finck> with Abstention being 0, Yes being 1, No being 2

[15:20] <Pierre_Schweitzer> yup

[15:20] <Pierre_Schweitzer> But I swapped No & yes

[15:20] <Pierre_Schweitzer> Read too fast :-x

[15:20] <Pierre_Schweitzer> (No being closer to Abstention in my mind :-x)

[15:20] <Colin_Finck> ok

[15:20] <Thomas_Faber> Do we vote about voting again? :D

[15:20] <Colin_Finck> Matthias_Kupfer, Daniel_Reimer: I think we can redo the vote then, ok?

[15:21] <Matthias_Kupfer> yes, try again

[15:21] <Timo_Kreuzer> can we wait for Christoph?

[15:21] <Timo_Kreuzer> he might join in a minute

[15:21] <Thomas_Faber> Did he say so?

[15:21] <Matthias_Kupfer> Timo_Kreuzer: Do you know he will come?

[15:21] <VoteBot> Colin_Finck has set up a vote and I'm asking all participating members in private messages now.

[15:21] <VoteBot> Excluded from voting:

[15:21] <VoteBot> Colin_Finck

[15:21] <VoteBot> Daniel_Reimer

[15:21] <VoteBot> Matthias_Kupfer

[15:22] <VoteBot> The vote is over. Here are the results!

[15:22] <VoteBot> Question: Do you agree with discharging the responsibilities of the Board? (for German authorities: "Sprechen Sie dem Vorstand Entlastung aus?")

[15:22] <VoteBot> Answers:

[15:22] <VoteBot> Abstention - 0 votes

[15:22] <VoteBot> Yes - 4 votes

[15:22] <VoteBot> No - 0 votes

[15:22] <VoteBot> Total number of votes: 4

[15:22] <Thomas_Faber> Much better. Thanks to the board members for their good work.

[15:22] <Colin_Finck> thank you all, this saved our day! :)

[15:22] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay, thank you

[15:22] <Daniel_Reimer> Phew

[15:22] Christoph_von_Wittich has joined #generalassembly with voice status

[15:23] <Daniel_Reimer> Here he is

[15:23] <Colin_Finck> ahh, hello Christoph!

[15:23] <Matthias_Kupfer> Christoph_von_Wittich: hello

[15:23] <Christoph_von_Wittich> hi

[15:23] <Christoph_von_Wittich> sorry, have to take care of the baby atm.

[15:23] <Matthias_Kupfer> so, next point might be a little tricky

[15:23] <Colin_Finck> Christoph_von_Wittich: Board has just been discharged of its responsibilities with 4 Yes votes

[15:24] <Christoph_von_Wittich> ok

[15:24] <Matthias_Kupfer> Who wants to run for board election?

[15:24] <Matthias_Kupfer> we have to elect the board every 3 years and this year we have to do so

[15:25] <Matthias_Kupfer> Are there any volunteers?

[15:25] <Daniel_Reimer> Can I volunteer for my Vice status again?

[15:26] <Daniel_Reimer> Or is it up to the number of votes that I am Nr 2?

[15:26] <Colin_Finck> charter says, we first elect Board members and then assign the positions to them

[15:26] <Daniel_Reimer> ok

[15:26] <Colin_Finck> not based on votes, but by internal Board decision

[15:26] <Colin_Finck> I'll run for a Board position again as well

[15:26] <Colin_Finck> and I guess Matthias too

[15:26] <Daniel_Reimer> Me too

[15:27] <Colin_Finck> any other candidates?

[15:27] <Daniel_Reimer> Anyone else?

[15:27] <Daniel_Reimer> Otherwise say, no

[15:27] <Matthias_Kupfer> Is there anyone interested in, otherwise I will candidate again

[15:27] <Timo_Kreuzer> no

[15:27] <Christoph_von_Wittich> no, I don't have any time left for this

[15:27] <Thomas_Faber> No interest

[15:28] <Matthias_Kupfer> then Colin setup the vote for the reelection of the board

[15:28] <Pierre_Schweitzer> no

[15:28] <Colin_Finck> good that we're small enough to ask everybody here :)

[15:28] <Daniel_Reimer> ^^

[15:28] <Colin_Finck> Danny_Goette: guess same applies to you?

[15:28] <Danny_Goette> no, too

[15:28] <Colin_Finck> alright

[15:29] <Colin_Finck> then I'll set up the votes

[15:29] <Matthias_Kupfer> I don't expect a lot of "No" votes otherwise it becomes ridiculous

[15:31] <VoteBot> Colin_Finck has set up a vote and I'm asking all participating members in private messages now.

[15:31] <VoteBot> The vote is over. Here are the results!

[15:31] <VoteBot> Question: Do you vote for electing Matthias Kupfer into the Board of ReactOS Deutschland e.V.?

[15:31] <VoteBot> Answers:

[15:31] <VoteBot> Abstention - 0 votes

[15:31] <VoteBot> Yes - 8 votes

[15:31] <VoteBot> No - 0 votes

[15:31] <VoteBot> Total number of votes: 8

[15:31] <Colin_Finck> perfect, so Matthias is through! :)

[15:31] <Colin_Finck> two more to go

[15:32] <VoteBot> Colin_Finck has set up a vote and I'm asking all participating members in private messages now.

[15:33] <VoteBot> The vote is over. Here are the results!

[15:33] <VoteBot> Question: Do you vote for electing Daniel Reimer into the Board of ReactOS Deutschland e.V.?

[15:33] <VoteBot> Answers:

[15:33] <VoteBot> Abstention - 1 votes

[15:33] <VoteBot> Yes - 7 votes

[15:33] <VoteBot> No - 0 votes

[15:33] <VoteBot> Total number of votes: 8

[15:33] <VoteBot> Colin_Finck has set up a vote and I'm asking all participating members in private messages now.

[15:34] <VoteBot> The vote is over. Here are the results!

[15:34] <VoteBot> Question: Do you vote for electing Colin Finck into the Board of ReactOS Deutschland e.V.?

[15:34] <VoteBot> Answers:

[15:34] <VoteBot> Abstention - 0 votes

[15:34] <VoteBot> Yes - 8 votes

[15:34] <VoteBot> No - 0 votes

[15:34] <VoteBot> Total number of votes: 8

[15:34] <Colin_Finck> alright, thank you very much!

[15:34] <Matthias_Kupfer> Fine, the board is reelected

[15:34] <Daniel_Reimer> Thanks

[15:34] <Colin_Finck> so all 3 Board members are reelected

[15:35] <Colin_Finck> Matthias_Kupfer, Daniel_Reimer: And I guess we keep the positions that way? Matthias stays President, Daniel Vice President, I'll take over the Treasurer position again

[15:35] <Daniel_Reimer> No objections against that

[15:35] <Matthias_Kupfer> pro

[15:35] <Colin_Finck> perfect

[15:35] <Colin_Finck> Matthias_Kupfer, you want to proceed?

[15:36] <Colin_Finck> formal part of the agenda seems to be over now :)

[15:36] <Matthias_Kupfer> now we come to the next point, participation at fairs and events

[15:37] <Matthias_Kupfer> Do we want to attend the Kieler Openesource and Linux-Tage 2014?

[15:37] <Colin_Finck> taking place 19. + 20. September 2014

[15:37] <Matthias_Kupfer> And if so, Timo_Kreuzer do you have time and are willing to present ReactOS there?

[15:37] <Daniel_Reimer> I think it would be fine to attend there. Problem is as always... the time. I have no real yes regarding my holidays yet

[15:37] <Thomas_Faber> I'm guessing that depends on whether Timo finds time for it. I would potentially come, but don't really want to organize

[15:38] <Thomas_Faber> Is that a weekend?

[15:38] <Thomas_Faber> Friday/Saturday

[15:38] <Colin_Finck> Friday + Saturday

[15:38] <Timo_Kreuzer> hmm...

[15:38] <Timo_Kreuzer> time is short

[15:39] <Colin_Finck> so far, we are only represented in March and May and only in the East of Germany (Chemnitz and Berlin)

[15:39] <Colin_Finck> would be great to grow bigger and be present at more exhibitions throughout the year in other areas of Germany and Europe

[15:39] <Daniel_Reimer> Sadly we have no Linux days in the east here

[15:39] <Daniel_Reimer> South I mean

[15:39] <Timo_Kreuzer> I would attend, but I don't know if I have much time for organizing

[15:39] <Matthias_Kupfer> Colin_Finck: be fair, both are the biggest events over the year in Germany

[15:40] <Colin_Finck> definitely

[15:40] <Colin_Finck> while we're at it, Pierre_Schweitzer, are there any big/interesting exhibitions in France we have to join? :)

[15:40] <Thomas_Faber> I'd love if we would manage to do FOSDEM some time

[15:40] <Pierre_Schweitzer> So far, I'm having a talk to the biggest event in France: RMLL2014

[15:40] <Pierre_Schweitzer> Which is quite a major success for ReactOS

[15:40] <Pierre_Schweitzer> this should give us high visibility

[15:41] <Daniel_Reimer> Great

[15:41] <Pierre_Schweitzer> There will be personalities from IT world there

[15:41] <Daniel_Reimer> When is this taking place?

[15:41] <Daniel_Reimer> And will it be filmed and subtitled? ^^

[15:41] <Pierre_Schweitzer> 7th to 13rd

[15:41] <Pierre_Schweitzer> (or so)

[15:41] <Pierre_Schweitzer> of July

[15:41] <Pierre_Schweitzer> Filmed, yes

[15:41] <Pierre_Schweitzer> subtitled... No idea

[15:42] <Daniel_Reimer> I guess it will be held in french

[15:42] <Matthias_Kupfer> Timo_Kreuzer: can you try to attend and give us a response in advance if it's not possible?

[15:42] <Pierre_Schweitzer> Actually, I don't know Daniel_Reimer

[15:42] <Timo_Kreuzer> Matthias_Kupfer: I wouldn't want to do that alone :)

[15:43] <Daniel_Reimer> Timo_Kreuzer: I will try to force my boss to an answer in the next days, ok?

[15:43] <Timo_Kreuzer> ok

[15:43] <Colin_Finck> I might have time as well

[15:43] <Matthias_Kupfer> Do we expect a booth or lectures there?

[15:43] <Daniel_Reimer> great :-D

[15:43] <Colin_Finck> it's 6 days before an important exam.., but hey ;)

[15:44] <Matthias_Kupfer> Okay, I sum up, we try to attend

[15:44] <Matthias_Kupfer> how about froscon?

[15:45] <Colin_Finck> Matthias_Kupfer: date and place please

[15:45] <Thomas_Faber> 23.- 24. August 2014

[15:45] <Thomas_Faber> Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg

[15:45] <Matthias_Kupfer> maybe to late this year, but in general?

[15:45] <Colin_Finck> Bonn is very close to my place

[15:45] <Colin_Finck> can reach it for free with my semester ticket :)

[15:46] <Colin_Finck> just impossible this year due to exam phase

[15:46] <Colin_Finck> in general, yes!

[15:46] <Thomas_Faber> In general I agree we should try as many as we can -- but it's really a question of how many people we manage to send there

[15:47] <Thomas_Faber> Which always seems to be the problematic part

[15:47] <Colin_Finck> finally an exhibition where I don't have to travel through half of Germany :)

[15:47] <Matthias_Kupfer> as a rule of thumb we need at least 2 persons, alone it's just impossible

[15:47] <Thomas_Faber> yeah

[15:47] <Daniel_Reimer> true thing

[15:47] <Thomas_Faber> We could consider collaborating with Wine on that kind of thing too btw

[15:48] <Matthias_Kupfer> so we keep in mind froscon for 2015

[15:48] <Colin_Finck> ok

[15:48] <Daniel_Reimer> Noted

[15:48] <Matthias_Kupfer> do we need to discuss attending CLT 2015, I don't think so, I will be there in any case?

[15:49] <Colin_Finck> and Timo, Daniel and me will talk about Kieler Open-Source and Linux Days in the upcoming days

[15:49] <Christoph_von_Wittich> we should try to get wine test results into testman - this would be helpful for us - and maybe wine devs would start using our site as well then
[15:49] <Matthias_Kupfer> any other events in mind?
[15:49] <Colin_Finck> Christoph_von_Wittich: let's talk about that in PM or on #reactos-dev after the meeting - had no time to reply to your mail yet
[15:49] <Daniel_Reimer> #ACTION wonders if theres anything next to me ^^#
[15:50] <Matthias_Kupfer> I suggest to give a look abroad -> Switzerland, Austria
[15:50] <Matthias_Kupfer> (almost) no language problems
[15:50] <Daniel_Reimer> Do we have anyone living close to there?
[15:51] <Colin_Finck> Johannes in Graz
[15:51] <Danny_Goette> frik85, janderwald
[15:51] <Daniel_Reimer> But just almost. But tbh, we have survived Berlin and Chemnitz, too ^^
[15:51] <Colin_Finck> and ravelo if anybody still remembers him
[15:52] <Matthias_Kupfer> is it worth to attend LinuxTag in Berlin again next year, because they have changed a lot (as far as i have heard)? Who was there this year?
[15:52] <Colin_Finck> there is an old ROS presentation of Johannes (janderwald) and Alexander (avelo) in our press-media SVN
[15:52] <Daniel_Reimer> Matthias_Kupfer: Thomas_Faber and me
[15:52] <Matthias_Kupfer> and the answer is?
[15:53] <Daniel_Reimer> And regarding other projects, We were next to Mandriva and some BSD
[15:54] <Thomas_Faber> I feel like there wasn't as much traffic as the year before. But it's still worth it -- especially since we only brought laptops, which made setup and teardown really easy
[15:54] <Thomas_Faber> But 2 people should be the absolute minimum
[15:54] <Colin_Finck> next time everyone's going to appear with the same Dell D531 thanks to Christoph_von_Wittich? :D
[15:54] <Daniel_Reimer> ^^ Nice ones, indeed
[15:55] <Thomas_Faber> We already used that ;p But next year it'll hopefully work better with ROS ;)
[15:55] <Daniel_Reimer> + eye candy and ... stuff working
[15:56] <Colin_Finck> ok
[15:56] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay, so we have a plan until end of 2015 - any further suggestions, especially if it need some preparation?
[15:56] <Colin_Finck> nothing exhibition related
[15:56] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay, so we can move on
[15:57] <Matthias_Kupfer> Presentation of all foundation activities and plans for the future
[15:58] <Matthias_Kupfer> attending fairs and events is one of our major activities
[15:58] <Matthias_Kupfer> we collect donations and we try to pay some developer for specific implementation tasks, are there any ideas how to extend our
[15:58] <Matthias_Kupfer> activities
[15:58] <Matthias_Kupfer> ?
[15:58] <Daniel_Reimer> hmmm
[15:59] <Matthias_Kupfer> I suggest to contact universities (operating system groups) for thesis ans similar stuff to combine public relation and unpaid development
[16:00] <Colin_Finck> I might be able to write my Bachelor thesis about implementing a ReactOS component
[16:00] <Daniel_Reimer> Like Aleksey in Russia?
[16:00] <Matthias_Kupfer> Daniel_Reimer: I don't know if he has done that, then yes
[16:00] <Daniel_Reimer> According to him, yes
[16:00] <Pierre_Schweitzer> I tried with my university, not much success
[16:01] <Matthias_Kupfer> In germany of course
[16:01] <Colin_Finck> Pierre_Schweitzer: what was the outcome of the development work you started at your universities?
[16:01] <Pierre_Schweitzer> mostly failure
[16:02] <Pierre_Schweitzer> People don't really get the challenge behind
[16:02] <Pierre_Schweitzer> Pretty poor French mind state
[16:02] <Pierre_Schweitzer> "Oh? Unpaid? Let's don't do it"
[16:03] <Timo_Kreuzer> Pay them in "roscoins"
[16:03] <Colin_Finck> Matthias_Kupfer: Being able to write my thesis about ReactOS is the most thing I could get out of my university, this is not official yet though. My lecturer already uses a simple self-written operating system for demonstration purposes, ROS is already too big for this task
[16:04] <Colin_Finck> and getting material support from universities is also no option due to their policies
[16:04] <Matthias_Kupfer> let's give it a try in Germany and if it doesn't work, so what.
[16:04] <Matthias_Kupfer> I was focusing on Microsoft Windows things without signing a NDA
[16:04] <Colin_Finck> at least, I made the experience that my university can rather throw stuff away than giving it away
[16:05] <Thomas_Faber> I can ask a guy at my uni's OS group as well. Though they have way too many topics for students to choose from already :D
[16:05] <Colin_Finck> Thomas_Faber: that would be great!
[16:05] <Colin_Finck> spreading the word can result in many things :)
[16:05] <Colin_Finck> what the foundation can also try is attracting interested companies in ReactOS, even at its current state
[16:06] <Pierre_Schweitzer> Interested companies? We know some?
[16:06] <Colin_Finck> we already get a few company donations from time to time
[16:06] <Pierre_Schweitzer> oh, great
[16:06] <Matthias_Kupfer> okay, I would like to keep an eye on this, but let's move on to the paid activities, Colin_Finck can you give us a short overview?
[16:07] <Colin_Finck> and Christoph_von_Wittich could shortly present ReactOS to a German network equipment manufacturer (whose name I don't want to state here, as this log is going to be published in public)
[16:08] <Colin_Finck> Christoph_von_Wittich: or is "shortly present" already exaggerated?
[16:08] <Pierre_Schweitzer> One thing we should try to do
[16:08] <Pierre_Schweitzer> is to get samba wokring in ReactOS
[16:08] <Pierre_Schweitzer> in a decent way
[16:08] <Pierre_Schweitzer> This would help regarding companies
[16:08] <Pierre_Schweitzer> And Jan has been asking for a long time for this
[16:08] <Pierre_Schweitzer> Given how he supports ReactOS, would be "normal"
[16:10] <Colin_Finck> it needs to be put on a task list, definitely
[16:10] <Daniel_Reimer> Cool
[16:10] <Daniel_Reimer> ROS in a Domain :-D
[16:10] <Colin_Finck> well, then let's proceed with paid development
[16:11] <Colin_Finck> after we've decided on scholarships in our last General Assembly in December, David Quintana received our first scholarship already in March this year
[16:12] <Colin_Finck> and his Explorer work is progressing nicely
[16:12] <Colin_Finck> but you should know that we can only pay out up to 897 EUR per month with a scholarship
[16:13] <Colin_Finck> due to German regulations regarding them
[16:13] <Colin_Finck> yet our balance at the end of 2013 was at 14840 EUR
[16:14] <Colin_Finck> but the reality is much different after our fundraising campaign this year
[16:14] <Colin_Finck> to give you a numer: We're at 34700 EUR now!
[16:14] <Matthias_Kupfer> Colin_Finck: I expect a large increase after the campaign
[16:14] <Colin_Finck> and you can imagine that most of that money shall go into paid development
[16:14] <Colin_Finck> we just can't achieve all of this with 897 EUR/month
[16:15] <Matthias_Kupfer> we can think about a half time job for one year
[16:16] <Colin_Finck> even if some people would do excellent work for this amount, it's still a bad hourly wage
[16:16] <Matthias_Kupfer> but it's very complicated due to governmental and tax regulations
[16:16] <Colin_Finck> and this sum being paid as a scholarship can be another problem
[16:17] <Colin_Finck> Amine recently presented a nice candidate to me, but he needs a real job to conform with several regulations
[16:17] <Matthias_Kupfer> I suggest to provide more scholarships if possible
[16:17] <Colin_Finck> Matthias_Kupfer: if we find candidates, sure - but we need solutions for all others as well
[16:17] <Colin_Finck> people working on a higher hourly wage

[16:18] <Colin_Finck> people who can work for the same hourly wage, but need this money denoted as a salary of a real job
[16:18] <Colin_Finck> etc.
[16:18] <Matthias_Kupfer> In general i don't think we can handle this on a employer basis, maybe self-employed people are possible
[16:18] <Matthias_Kupfer> otehrweise it's to complicated
[16:19] <Colin_Finck> Matthias_Kupfer: Are you 100% sure there is absolutely no option for us to function as an employer? Can you check this with your tax consultant?
[16:20] <Pierre_Schweitzer> [18:18:44] <+Matthias_Kupfer> In general i don't think we can handle this on a employer basis, maybe self-employed people are possible <== you mean that we'd hire freelancer?
[16:20] <Colin_Finck> even if these advices can be costly, we're sitting on much money now, which makes it worthy in my and Amine's opinion
[16:20] <Matthias_Kupfer> There is an option, but it's a effort, I can't beleive it's that worth
[16:20] <Matthias_Kupfer> Pierre_Schweitzer: yes
[16:21] <Colin_Finck> Matthias_Kupfer: even if it's an effort, I like to have all details written down
[16:21] <Colin_Finck> you once suggested that matrix
[16:21] <Colin_Finck> where we check what our candidate is (student, freelancer, etc.) and how we can pay him for ROS development
[16:21] <Colin_Finck> so far, we only have the student -> scholarship option
[16:21] <Matthias_Kupfer> Colin_Finck: I don't mean the effort regarding the tax consultant but the effort for organizeing the job itself
[16:22] <Matthias_Kupfer> bear in mind we have to alter the constitution as well for this ways
[16:23] <Colin_Finck> Matthias_Kupfer: Some of the complicated work for job contracts and their regulations might be doable by consulting companies as well
[16:24] <Colin_Finck> I talked with some guys from FSFE and The Document Foundation (both German) and they told me about it
[16:24] <Colin_Finck> in general, we need more options in this matrix to pay people for development work
[16:24] <Colin_Finck> and well, if charter changes are necessary again, we can decide them here
[16:24] <Matthias_Kupfer> Okay, the tax consultant becomes mother within the next weeks, I will ask as soon as possible
[16:24] <Colin_Finck> let's just start somewhere
[16:25] <Colin_Finck> perfect
[16:25] <Matthias_Kupfer> I don't want to start with a new consultant
[16:25] <Colin_Finck> Matthias_Kupfer: just wanted to ask, if you think it's worth trying out other consultants at my or Daniel's side
[16:25] <Colin_Finck> if that could speed up things
[16:25] <Colin_Finck> don't really know how much a regular tax consultant is into writing actual job contracts and dealing with issues from the employer's side
[16:26] <Matthias_Kupfer> even for a paid job, we have to consider 30k,- hold out only 10 month
[16:27] <Matthias_Kupfer> don't force any illusions
[16:27] <Daniel_Reimer> 30k?
[16:27] <Matthias_Kupfer> Daniel_Reimer: 30000 ,-
[16:27] <Colin_Finck> Matthias_Kupfer: depends on the salary we propose
[16:27] <Daniel_Reimer> yeah I know? but we dont have that much?
[16:27] <Colin_Finck> and some jobs may be short time
[16:28] <Matthias_Kupfer> And I will not allow, that we spend all the money in a salery
[16:28] <Colin_Finck> Daniel_Reimer: read up
[16:28] <Daniel_Reimer> Oh oops, I got it
[16:29] <Matthias_Kupfer> So we can talk this outside the general assembly - I will ask and we have to talk about the reuquired modifications of the constitution
[16:29] <Colin_Finck> ok
[16:29] <Matthias_Kupfer> after that we have to make a new assembly for the changes and can go into details
[16:30] <Colin_Finck> guess if there are any more questions regarding this, someone would have spoken up already
[16:30] <Matthias_Kupfer> so, we can finally move to the last topic, any address changes to announce?
[16:30] <Thomas_Faber> no change
[16:30] <Danny_Goette> no change
[16:30] <Daniel_Reimer> Nope
[16:30] <Christoph_von_Wittich> no change
[16:31] <Matthias_Kupfer> Colin_Finck: you have a real postal address of all (including Pierre)?
[16:31] <Colin_Finck> yes
[16:31] <Matthias_Kupfer> Pierre_Schweitzer: any address change?
[16:31] <Pierre_Schweitzer> Nope
[16:32] <Matthias_Kupfer> fine, so the topics of the agenda are completed, any further things that are need to be discussed?
[16:33] <Colin_Finck> think we're done
[16:33] <Daniel_Reimer> Think so too.
[16:33] <Matthias_Kupfer> It doesn't seem so, the thank you all for your apperance, I wish you a nice weekend and we will meet again next year
[16:33] <Daniel_Reimer> Thx.
[16:33] <Colin_Finck> or when the constitution needs to be changed sooner ;))
[16:34] <Matthias_Kupfer> Colin_Finck, Daniel_Reimer: i will send back the court letter with, the board remains unchanged
[16:34] <Timo_Kreuzer> no change here either :)
[16:34] <Colin_Finck> ok, IRC Server will be closed now
[16:34] Christoph_von_Wittich has quit the server (Quit)
[16:35] <Daniel_Reimer> cya
[16:35] Thomas_Faber has quit the server (Quit)



ReactOS Deutschland e.V.

Am Bach 11
33378 Rheda-Wiedenbrück, Germany
deutschland@reactos.org

Annual Report 2013

As stipulated in the Articles of Association of ReactOS Deutschland e.V., the Annual Report gives an overview of the work of the Association in the year 2013. It is separated into Activities, Outlook and Finances. The primary purpose of the Association lies in the support of the ReactOS Project. In 2013, the main tasks were:

- Presenting the project on popular exhibitions/events
- Financing and maintaining the server infrastructure of all project services

Activities

The following annual activities, which directly contribute to the Association's purpose, are not presented in detail. These were in particular:

- Continued development on the operating system ReactOS and related components (like RosBE), also by non-members
- Receiving donations and managing the collected funds
- Accounting and managing the members

The ReactOS Project has been represented at two exhibitions in 2013, namely the Chemnitzer Linux-Tage in March and the LinuxTag in May. This required preparing custom ReactOS CDs for merchandising and installing the software on laptops of booth staff.

An old sponsored server in our Sweden data center failed in the middle of the year. Instead of going with another decommissioned computer, we decided to invest some of the collected funds from last year into a major infrastructure upgrade in Sweden. This resulted in another brand-new server along with a managed switch. The new server features redundant and remotely manageable components along with an exclusive usage of solid-state drives. It is also equipped with six cores and 32GB of RAM (with upgrade possibilities) to be able to take over the work of other servers in case they suddenly fail. All in all, the new hardware increases the performance and reliability of our online services while reducing the risk of failures.

In March, the foundation began to work out procedures for awarding scholarships in collaboration with a tax consulting firm. This required us to write and agree on official Financial Regulations for the foundation as well as guidelines for awarding scholarships. Finally, some changes to the charter were necessary, which have been approved in the General Assembly in December.

Outlook

As all requirements for awarding scholarships have been fulfilled by the end of the year, the foundation seeks to grant scholarships to suitable candidates in 2014. This will further the development even more, particularly in difficult areas such as the shell.

Additionally, the project will be represented at popular events again, like the Chemnitzer Linux-Tage or LinuxTag in Berlin.

Finances

Incomes

Donations:	2871.19 €
Interests:	79.56 €

Expenses

Travel expenses:	296.10 €
Notary and Tax consulting:	221.64 €
Infrastructure costs (Servers):	5069.32 €
Infrastructure costs (Domains):	14.55 €
Bank fees:	2.48 €
Other exhibition costs:	105.20 €
Shipping costs:	14.75 €
Unfinished account transfers:	201.11 €

Reserves from 2012:	17814.47 €
Balance on 2013-12-31:	14840.07 €

Matthias Kupfer (President of the Board)
Daniel Reimer (Vice President)
Colin Finck (Board Member/Treasurer)